Birth Certificates...

SuziQ

Reaction score
Helloo... yes this is a strange question.. but is 'Marital Status' on Birth Certificates?

I am still legally married, but separated from my ex-hubby... but don't want to put Married/ Separated on the Certificate... The Divorce won't come through till 3/4 months after the birth

thanks
xx

just looked hun and no its not it just says yours and fathers name

ALSO....Does the baby's surname go on there? Or just the christian names?

As I am in 2 minds whether to use my own surname, (maiden name) or OH's surname.. or wait to change it to his IF and when we get married...??

x

the surname goes on hun, i used my sir name for my kids and me and husband got married 6 weeks ago and we have just changed both kids to our new married name

I put my surname on the birth certificate when James was born and re-registered his birth in May to change the surname to OH's.
You can change it later on if you change your mind :D

That is what I will do then
Thanks ladies

x

There are lots of forms that require you to fill in your previous last name if your current one is not the one you were born with so I was just going to use my OHs last name for the baby strightaway. Though our case will be different to yours as we have no intentions of ever getting married.

SuziQ said:
Helloo... yes this is a strange question.. but is 'Marital Status' on Birth Certificates?

I am still legally married, but separated from my ex-hubby... but don't want to put Married/ Separated on the Certificate... The Divorce won't come through till 3/4 months after the birth

thanks
xx

your married name will hav to be put on the birth certificate then.
why don't you go and change your name by deed poll before u register baby? it tAKES HALF AN HOUR AND ITS ABOUT 60 QUID. (soz caps lock )

mary70 said:

the mothers surname is on the big birth certificate isn't it? it is on mine. :think: along with my maiden name .

budge said:
mary70 said:

the mothers surname is on the big birth certificate isn't it? it is on mine. :think: along with my maiden name .

exactly so it will be hers and her ex's but im not sure if u gonna get divorced then prob not put his down but then he is the father. talk to them there im sure they will. ours was really nice when we went there happens to be the same place where were gonna get married :) shame they dont do christenings there.

You can use your maiden name if you want, i am married but use my maiden name all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back