bilingual families

titch

Reaction score
Hi,

We are planning to bring our child up bilingually, my OH is first language welsh, 2nd english and Im the other way around!

Just wondered what peoples experiences were of having bilingual children, and how you think it has influenced them as they've grown up

Hi Tiny, I have relatives who have a Scottish father and Danish mother, and his sister is Scottish with a French husband and they lived in Germany. All five kids were bi if not tri lingual in the second instance and I think they've been very adaptable. Especially with the Scottish mother, the eldest daughter is now living in Switzerland and part of a ballet company. I've not seen them for a good long while but it's so nice to have relatives who are very well rounded. I think in your case another fantastic way to keep the Welsh language alive!!

Hi,

Me and my brother where both raised bilingual withouth any problems, and now me and my partner are raising our son bi(tri)lingual, I speak Finnish to him, my partner speaks German to him and we speak English to each other as well as living in England so he will learn that as well. I think it's so great having an extra language from birth.

Brilliant!

My hubby's friend is a languages teacher at Eton (lar dee dar! :lol:) and his wife is too. They talk to their kids in different languages plus the kids obviously had to talk to other people in English and they are fluent in all!

I'd LOVE to be able to do that!

:D rhys and ffion are being brough up bilinguel and they can both do sign language too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back