Circumcision

Dinski

Reaction score
Hi, just wondered if there are any mums on here who have had their sons circumcised and how the procedure, experience was for them?

We are planning on having our son circumcised for religious reasons and Id just like to hear the experiences of other mums of circumcised boys, thanks.

You could PM Daggers as her little boy has been circumsised :)

I've seen the op done as i used to be a theatre nurse, it bleeds a fair bit, but I've heard it heals quickly.

I imagine baby won't be overly chuffed about it, but I guess he won't remember, and they say it is best done young.

However a general anaesthetic is always a risk factor, especially for little babies.

ive seen it done but never had a boy so i cwouldn't know.

i have had a boyfriend with it done though and he hated it! said it de sensitised his nob and sex was not as nice.

i dont no any thing about it, but my brother who is 5 might need it done he says its very very sore to pull the skin back.
i have been wanting to ask a question but to embarressed :oops:

at what age should the skin be able to be pulled back? and what age is normal for the dinkle to go hard? :oops:

sorry but thought why we were on the subject i would ask

dionne said:
at what age should the skin be able to be pulled back? and what age is normal for the dinkle to go hard? :oops:

Pretty much straight away on both counts I think...

Its called a phimosis (not sure about the spelling) when the foreskin won't go back. I know someone who had this but didn't get it fixed until he was 20, which was pretty embarassing for him.

Harleys skin dont come back, i have never tryed but it looks far to tight.

any one who has a little boy please advice me!

i found this, put my mind at rest :)

All sorts of myths abound about what should be done with a baby's foreskin. The truth is that you should leave it well alone as long as it is causing him no problems. At birth baby boys' foreskins are adherent to the penis. The foreskin separates spontaneously over time, so that the foreskin gradually becomes mobile and retractile. This process can take many years. By six years only about 8 per

Dinski I know I have already PMed you but thought I'd update this post anyway as there maybe other moms out there asking the same question.
Definately have it done as soon as poss, we managed to get Otis done 7 days after he was born. The Mohel was absolutley fantastic (he was also a GP), he was calm and reassuring, if it hadn't been for him I may well have backed out of the whole thing!
I am glad we had it done as it seems he may have had problems with a tight foreskin later in life (like my 2yr old nephew has now!).
Also re loosing sensation down there (and it being painful to have intercourse) is untrue, circumcision doesn't have this effect on the penis -according to my OH and the mohel. Hmmm maybe if you have it done later in life then MAYBE this could be true but if circumcision was carried at a young age then if definately shouldn't have this effect.
The mohel we used was based in North London if your interested in getting his details please PM me - I would DEFINATELY recommend him, he was brilliant!!!!

Forgot to add that Otis was given an local anaesthetic cream on his peepee before having the snip, no injections were given, therefore no further risks were invovled.

Hi Daggers,
Thanks so much for all the info. Am definitely going to call him in the next few days. I'm not too worried about the loss of sensation thing as my DH and most of the male members of my family were circumcised as babies and it doesn't seem to detract from sex for them (i.e you don't miss what you don't know). I also actually prefer the look of a circumcised willy anyhow...

thanks again. Will let you know how we get on :D

I've heard circumcised men also put sexual partners at less risk of developing cervical cancer too.

I've never seen a circumcised one though, only hooded turtle-necks :D

dionne said:
i found this, put my mind at rest :)

All sorts of myths abound about what should be done with a baby's foreskin. The truth is that you should leave it well alone as long as it is causing him no problems. At birth baby boys' foreskins are adherent to the penis. The foreskin separates spontaneously over time, so that the foreskin gradually becomes mobile and retractile. This process can take many years. By six years only about 8 per

Thats useful info Dionne, guess you just keep an eye on it then!

Its good this post came up, Kaidens on the list to have his done, hes 13 months now so it shouldnt be much longer i dont think, his dads is done, i used to see a guy who had problems with his 4skin and i suggested he get cirucmised and he did, sex was more pleasurable for him after it was done, i hate 4skins eeewww. LOL Xkelx

I never realised that this was so common. Is it an American thing no? I come from Scotland and I've never been with someone who was circumsized, and if I had a son I wouldn't get it done, I think it's one of those things that if the child wants it done they can wait until they're old enough to decide for themselves.. ?
I do have an ex who had Phomisis though, it was extremely painful for him, and his parents were advised when he was a child do have him done, but they never did.. In that case I think yeah.
I didn't think there were that many problems with not having it done.

Is it an American thing no?
Not really. It is very common for America men to be circumcised but it is a religious/traditional requirement for baby boys in both Judaism and Islam.

Purely as a matter of interest Dinski, do you know why it is a religious requirement?

Purely as a matter of interest Dinski, do you know why it is a religious requirement?

Yep, according to Jewish law, god commanded Abraham and his offspring to circumcise themselves as a sign of an everlasting covenant. I'm pretty sure this is also the reason why Muslims circumcise their sons since both are Abrahamic religions. For me its more of a tradition thing than anything else. :)

Thanking you.

I forgot that they are done by a mohel. I guess all the NHS ones are done for medical reasons then.

They must be pretty skilled to do that without a general anaesthetic, wouldn't want baby to move suddenly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back