big headed baby :S

bethx

Reaction score
Hey girls, been for a scan today and check up etc.. had to get a doctors note for flying on friday .. Everything fine with baby except hes rather big lol.. His average measurments are 37 weeks. Ive already had my due date changed from 18th may to 1st may as he was way ahead but he seems to have had another growth spurt! Also his head is measuring at 39 weeks :S... she said im going to have to get the doctor to check in england as if his head continues growing how it is i may not be able to have a natural birth?..
Baby is weighing just under 6lb now :D

My doctor predicts hes going to be about 55cm and around 9lb so we'll see how much she knows lol...

Not looking forward to pushing this huge head out though ouch!!

Also got my little boy weighed and measured hes 3stone 10lbs and 3 foot 6.. hes only 3! she said normally he would be classed as overweight but hes so big built most of it is just muscle etc... i cant bloody lift him anymore though!

Ohh and finally I got weighed my self and im exactly 11stone so put on 2 stone !! Oh and I have stretch marks slowly sneaking up my belly boooo...

Hows everyone?? Things sorted etc?
Ive been and bough baby a little gold braclet which will have his name engraved and a turkish eye thing for good luck on :D I loves it and it matches his big brothers...

well I think I wrote enough lol :D

When you get back here will you get scanned again then and see what they say? It's a bit scary about the giant head but best not worry just yet! Two stone isn't bad, especially not with your suspected giant baby! The bracelet sounds really cute :)

I haven't weighed myself since my 8 week appointment but have to get weighed at Gestational Diabetes thing on Thursday, so SO not looking forward to that! I'm pretty much all sorted apart from a few bits n bobs, I just can't wait to start maternity leave but got another four weeks at work, boo!

Omg that's a big head lol. I squeezed when I read that lol.

Are you flying over here to have baby??? X x

That def sounds like a big head. Maybe just his head had a growth spurt. He may be an April baby if he carries on. I had a MW app today and my measurements are spot on and everything else seemed normal. xx

Oof - the big head sounds scary but im sure it will even out a bit and its great that youll meet him sooner rather than later! Good that he's lovely and healthy too.

My measurements the other day were spot on for my weeks but i almost wanted him to be bigger so id have a chance of having him sooner!

When i weighed myself at my mums a couple of weeks ago id put on 2 and a half stone so its probably more now. I try not to think about it too much but it does get to me when im getting dressed in the mornings :-( xx

My son had a big head too but nothing like this one.. his heads alwasy been slightly larger but now hes taking the mick lol.. if the rest catched up with his head hes gonna be huge !! Hope this talk of huge babies are easier to get out is true lol.. my son was 8lb2oz which was a good weight..

Yes Im coming over there to have baby.. fly over april 1st so 35w5days!

And hes not allowed to be an april baby im already in trouble for queue jumping in the may babies they wont forgive me if i queue jump april ones too lol xx

Best not to worry yet Hun, his head may not grow anymore now... keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx

Best not to worry yet Hun, his head may not grow anymore now... keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx

Thanks hun, Im not overly worried just not looking forward to pushing it out lol.. but he has to come out some way :D

Mine weighed 6lb 5oz at 34+4 weeks and I've also been told he will weigh around 9lb...eeeek! I don't know about weeks but all mine's measurements are right at the top of the scale!! Sounds like you produce big strapping boys so I guess you needent worry? Oh and just because he's a whopper doesn't mean he'll come early (unless they induce you I guess)...my fat boy is only 1/5th engaged and is wedged up about as high as he can be under my ribs...he doesn't want to come out anytime soon, lol xx

It dies sound sore but I think I would rather have big baby than a small one.
I have no idea what my little girl is measuring but I keep thinking she'll be small. I was 5lbs 7 and 2 weeks early lol. Dunno what happened to.me!

Everyone thinks hes gonna come early but I think hes gonna go late just to be awwkard. But because they put my date forward 18 days.. even if I go 2 weeks over he'll still be earlier than my original date so not too worried :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back