• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Fat Rant!!!!!!

claire81

Reaction score
Hello

I needed to come on here and have a big moan as i have been crying all morning!! And someone on here must know how i feel!!!!!

I feel so uncomfortable all the time. I'm too big for my own clothes and too small for maternity clothes and i cant win!! I went to mothercare to get some early term jeans yesterday but the regular length are all too long, dorothy perkins dont seem to stock short length materninty jeans. I cant wear things like black trousers and smart wear like that because i am a cleaner and i cant work in shoes and i'd look pretty stupid in trainers with posh shoes!!!!

I have an elasticated waist skirt but again, if i wore boots to work i would look over dressed, i hate wearing tights and now the cold weather is coming i'd be cold in flip flops or sandles!!!!!!! I cant win!!!!!!!

Im so bloody constipated all the time, ive tried eating loads of fruit and that dont help, every time i go the toilet im in pain for half an hour after!!!!!! And ioh great i've just seen 1 magpie!!!!

I bet people are reading this thinking what a silly cow and laffing, im even laffing at myself but at the same time im soooooo fed up and no one understands. Its not noce having to tug your jeans up every few steps!!! :x

Also i have 2 girls already aged 5 and 4 and havent had a break from them for ages, im so tired all the time and i feel like all ive done the past few weeks is moan and im getting on my own nerves!!!!! :cry:

Sorry for the big rant but had to get that off my chest.

Thanks

Claire :oops: :oops: :oops:

Aww Claire. :hug:

I can remember only too well the early days with clothes. I had the opposite problem to you, I'm too tall for normal clothes, and no-one seems to do maternity clothes for the taller woman! :roll:

Things will start to feel better for you hun, and feel free to rant on here in the meantime - that's what we're here for! :hug:

Next underbump jeans are quite snug for a maternity jean, I could only wear them in early pregnancy. Im wearing them now :oops: . Im 7 weeks, (7 weeks after birth :rotfl: )

Do you use ebay, you can get short leg jeans on there for maternity. Im a short leg too :D

aww darling im the same as tankett i find it hard to get maternity clothes for my height as i dont want to fork out for expensive stuff.im in that in between stage where i cant make my mind up if i look fat or pregnant and its doing my head in as im wearing a couple of clothes that are too big but belts dig in and hurt my tummy.thankfully though this tri will be over with soon and many of us hopefully will start to bloom :hug:

Aw what can i say, i get like that too, infact i am off work at mo, feeling fed up. i am only 9-10 weeks and have the clothing problems starting now too.
but i know it's not nice that your feeling this way but it good to know i am not the only one :hug:
Hope feel better soon, and this forum is great for ranting all your concerns and moans. no judgemental replies, only support!
take care babes, :)

feel free to rant anytime. im struggling with finding clothes to wear to work in the morning, my trousers are too tight and im finding it quite uncomfortable. i bought a maternity dress in new look last week but feel a bit silly wearing it at just under 8 weeks but i dont think im going to be able to last much longer as its too uncomfortable. my mum said to me the other day are you sure you have got your dates right? i wont know till i see midwife which im still waiting for my appointment :roll: also it makes it harder as i only work in a small office with my boss and one other man and they dont know im pg yet so i feel like im having to hide it from them! :?
hope you start to feel better soon :hug:

I have had the same problem! I was really excited that dh and I were going shopping on sat for maternity clothes, thought about it all week, and then the day arrived off we went, full of hope and promise and what happens, there are no clothes!! I was devestated. Apart from 1 dress in h&m that i didn't buy as i needed black knee highs and couldn't find any i liked that were not £90. So I gave up. Then popped into asda and found a beautiful pair of boots for £25, bargaino! So tomorrow I am off to get the dress!

When I got home I looked at the next catalogue and have chosen some things out of there and will order them, much less depressing. They have some nice cords and combats that would be perfect for your job. Or try debenhams pineapple range they have some fab combats with a wide eleasticated waist, they're not maternity but tey're dead comfy and would stretch with you!

I completely understand how you feel, and you feel silly for moaning as you think you should be so happy, but it is horrible, feeling all fat and having nothing nice to wear to make you feel better. grrr

Oh yes - I can totally sympathise! I went maternity wear shopping in Chester the other week with MIL - she was treating! Do you think we could find anything I liked?! I did actually manage to get a pair of jeans from marks & spark but that was all from maternity wear!

The stores in chester are huge so I was hoping the ranges would be better but they weren't and didn't have my size in most things anyway!

It is frustrating isn't it?!

I'm same as tankett and loulou - all the trousers I seem to find are too short - need longer and they usually don't have them. Had a big ebay shop this weekend though - so hopefully something will come good of that when they arrive!

Wow i'm really not the only one. The jeans i got from next were the under the bump one, pefect length, felt great in the changing room, however after walking around in them this morning, they are fallying down. I've tried smaller sizes but everything seems to be being made wierd!! Is it just my imagination?????

Also my kids are really getting on my nerves at the mo they are being so god damn demanding, my 4 year old is acting like a baby and its not jealousy, she has always been so lazy but we thought she would be out of itby now. I know i sound like an evil cow, i really feel like buggering off away for the week with no family there doing my head in, no friends laffing at me when i tell them how i'm feeling, and no kids p***ing me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x

My god i'm evil arent i. See and feeling like this just makes me feel more guilty. I should feel lucky for what i have. I want my scan to hurry up but thats still a week away, and i just wanna cheer up!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh calire, poor you...I agree with theother ladies try e bay!

For the taller ladies on here, i have got some fab trousers and combats from NEXT who do Xl length as I am a 34" leg and also www.funmum.com have fantastic clothes in short,long and standard lengths and really nice too, not all mumsy..can't do mumsy floral:puke: :D

I'm short too so know where you are coming from! I have bought hardly any maternity clothes, I bought a belly belt and wore my regular jeans, still do wear the baggy ones in fact. A hairband through your button hole and a loose top works just as well.

I bought a pair of Dorothy Perkins maternity jeans of ebay new and just cut the bottoms off so they are frayed but fine with flip flops and trainers and only cost about £8. They have an adjustable elastic inside so you can tighten them so will be good for after the birth too.

I also bought under the bump linen trousers from New Look for £15 and these are great because they stretch with you :D

I am having clothes problems of a different kind....i haven't put any weight on yet but my boobs are massive so all my skirts and trousers are fine but all my tops are stretching at the top...i have gone up 2 bra sizes since I have been pregnant god knows what they will be like at the end...but can't get tops to fit my boobs

EEk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back