Big changes this week!

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Things are so very different this week. Lots of good things happening.

I have finally made friends with breastfeeding and really really enjoying it! I was going to give up this week but have changed my mind now. For anyone still doubting their decision to breastfeed, it does get very very enjoyable if you perservere.

Also I am enjoying motherhood a lot more in general! Sam and I are totally bonded and I am finally used to the new chaos in my life!

Also! Sam has found his thumb! so cute!

We have successfully done some controlled crying and sam is no longer sleeping in his bouncer at all during the day! Major breakthrough!

And the big news of the day is he is sleeping in his own bed tonight in his big cot! (I am sleeping in there with him but it is a start). I have been looking forward to it but I now think it is sad that he is going to be in his own bed and not right next to me. :( :( :( :( :( :( , but I'll get used it.

So its all change this week!

:D :D :D :D :D

With Adele it took me almost 3 months as she was in special care baby unit and didnt get out till she was 3 months but afterthat first night of having her home it was great.

With colby i would say the same day i got her home everything just clicked into place too although its tough but wouldnt change it for the world :D

It seemed to get easier for me at 3 months when she started sleeping through the night. I think as long as you get enough sleep you can cope a lot better.

Brilliant news about the feeding Sarah :clap:

With Mason it took a couple of days as I found I was just staring at him all the time and didn't really know what else to do!
With Brody it came straight away.

Hi Sarah

Lovely to hear from you :D and so good to hear everything's picked up for you.

You've done brilliantly with the breastfeeding, especially as it didn't come naturally for you at first.

I'm still breastfeeding but as I have to go back to work I'm truing to find alternative ways to get milk/fluids into Zara. Not the greatest amount of fun!

Well done Sam on finding your thumb :clap: . Zara's just discovered that she can reach her feet.

I did controlled crying with Zara when I got back from Pakistan. She did well at first and then it became a complete nightmare with her taking an hour and a half to settle. I then removed her mobile and toys from her cot and she now goes to sleep within 3 minutes. I think I was confusing her by trying to make her go to sleep in such an exciting place :wall:

Post a picture, I want to see how big Sam is now!

Take care
Louise x

well done sarah with the BF feeding! so glad ur r feeling better now!

i took it straight away but i had loads of help both mum and dad had the first three weeks off alternitivly and by the time they gone bck to work i new wot to do with feedin etc
if i had been by myslef im sure id have had a nervous brakedown tho

Hi Sarah

Glad to hear things are working well with you all.

Good luck with the move. I put Heidi in her own room at 5 weeks, but then decided to put her back in with us - so we will be following your lead soon!

Hope it goes well

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back