Big Change in Baby Movements.........

EllieBelle

Reaction score
For the last week, my bubs movements have suddenly changed from pretty strong, to feeling like he is trying to fight his way out.......I have never felt anything like it, and quite often I am being kicked and punched repeatedly for 10-20 mins or more every hour, and because he is currently breech the kicks to my cervix are so painful, they bring tears to my eyes!!!

I love knowing he is ok, and boy does he let me know he is there - but I thought there movements were supposed to get less as they got bigger??

Anyone else feeling, or felt this??

Ellie I could have written this thread myself!! Upto this week my movements have been really gentle prods and kicks but since the weekend they take my breath away!! I sometimes feel like a limb is about to come out of my stomach!! This morning they have been extra strong and instead of my usual really low bladder/cervix kicks they seem much higher up!! I'm hoping that he has turned.... but maybe its just wishful thinking..

As you say its lovely to know all is well and they are Ok in there but corrrr it can hurt :hug:

Jane x

hello! :wave:
.........even though i am not as far on as you both are,i have even noticed some of bubs movements are so so powerful i feel winded!
eeek if i feel like this now i will definatley feel like that when i get nearer to my due date................ :?

i agree the movements are reassuring but they sometimes stop you in your tracks! :eek:

Im feeling like this aswell! I was starting to think there was something wrong because I thought LO's kicks would be stronger by now and then the past couple of days he wont stop moving! He has hiccups all the time and my belly is starting to feel sore from where he is kicking so much! Now im starting to wish he would have a rest lol and its only going to get worse!!

My baby definately kicked more towards the end.

Claire x

Im glad Im not the only one.........he has kicked quite hard for a few weeks, enough to stop me in my tracks, but since the weekend its been almost unbearable, I was nearly crying at the weekend as the movements were so severe - kicks and rolling sensation, plus I couldnt breathe (his head is tucked under my ribs at the moment).

I have just got back from a long walk with the dog though, and I think the walking has sent him to sleep :D

Off to see the MW later, cant wait to see her face seeing she has been telling me for weeks that LO is head down and in fact he is breech - doesnt give you much confidence does it!!

Good luck with the midwife :hug: mine was insisting he was head down but the scan showed he was breech without a doubt!!!

Jane x

EllieBelle said:
- but I thought there movements were supposed to get less as they got bigger??
My MW told me this was a common misconception! Babies still move as much if not more then usually at the end! Just as they do have less room, generally women feel that their movements are "different"! Mine all moved a lot during the last few weeks!
With your LO being breech I feel for you I really do! I was in so much pain in my cervix and my LO wasn't breech! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back