Big Baby!!

Barmi_Brummeh

Reaction score
Thursday i went to the midwife, there was protine in my urine, plus thought id been leakin, so midwife sent me to the hospital. Got to the hospital n was there for 2 hours n hadnt seen anyone, so i went to my mums to see my daughter then when she went to bed i went back to the hospital they gave me an internal, everythin was alright but they wanted me to have a scan to check the blood goin to the baby or somethin and the weight of the baby.
Friday i went for a scan and baby is weighin 3.5kg (Abt 7lb 11oz) which is about the average size for a baby about 39 weeks, im only 36 weeks :| so they sendin me for a GTT tomoz to make sure im not diabetic, coz that could explain why baby is so big.

Hope she comes soon coz i dont want her to get too big!! :pray: :pray:

Come on little en pleeeeeeeeeease!!!

I went for a gtt too and still waiting on the results. I hope your not though, on a plus side youl be induced to get her out early if shes massive

HI :wave:

I was told at 32 weeks that tia was about 7lb 5oz and i had to have the GTT.

The results came back normal and i was crapping myself that she was gonna be huge!!! :shock:

I had her a day early and she was 8lb 1oz so not that big.

maybe you will be the same and baby wont be that big after all, hope everything is all ok for you :hug:

Don't worry too much about those stupid growth scans - they tend to be very accurate early on in the gestation but the margin for error in the 3rd trimester is so great it is hardly worth having them at all. I did have gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy and went for a growth scan at 35 weeks which estimated my baby to be bloody 10lbs! I nearly died and my blood pressure shot up. I was sent in and given c- section straight away and what was she? 8lbs6oz!! Big yes - we knew she was big - I had diabetes but not that big. Don't worry those scans are useless. If you ask what the error margin is you will be surprised it is up to 3 lbs either way. Good luck with the GTT hope you are in the clear :wink:

See, think I'm int he same boat as you, been told i may have o be induced 3-4 weeks early, junior is big for his age!

Good luck though xx

I agree these checks are not that accurate but big babies are not that bad. Ok my biggest was my 3rd so maybe that had something to do with it but it was fine. I had more problems with my 6lb 11oz baby and tore quite badly but my 9lb 5 oz baby was born a lot easier.

I soo hope its wrong!! Still everyone bettin on a 9lb baby lol.
Find out later today if im diabetic .. fingers crossed im not.

Thanks for ya msgs tho, made me feel a lot better :D thank youuuu xxx

Good luck with the GTT. Hope it comes back negative for you.

:)

Hi

good luck today hun :hug:

in my experience i was told LO was 4 pounds 9 ounces at 29 weeks and at birth 39+2 was 8 pounds 14 ounces afetr being told bbay would be almost 10 pounds.
With Kiara i measured normal and she was 9 pounds 6 ounces
Katrina

Ive posted about my GTT it came back high so got to go to the diabetic clinic at ante natal tomoz :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back