Biblical names

Surveyor

Reaction score
Anyone into biblical names? I would like to use names from the old testament, anyone have any suggestions? I really like Isaac.

Yes I really like biblical names, especially David and Issac. David is my Dads name and its not really popular anymore for babies.
I also love Eli and Solomon. They would be my top names for boys.

I like Eve and Ruth for girls names.

I loooove Ruth as a girls name, but a little bit unsure about using it since I feel like it's such a 'great aunt' name. Never met a kid called Ruth. But maybe that's a good thing?

Yes I think thats a good thing! I know a girl in her 20s called Ruth and its just such a beautiful name, I think a baby Ruth would be adorable!

Our DD was going to be Adam :) Should we ever have a boy this is what we will name him. I also like Samuel and Noah x

Love biblical names for boys. I love Isaac, Seth, Levi, Jonah, Eli etc etc. So many good names.

As we are a Christian family we will definitely be using a name with a spiritual meaning, but maybe not directly a bible name, as every name we're like ..hmmm Adam? no! he was the first to sin. Jacob? No, he was a deceiver! Moses? No, he was a murderer! Lol!

I know literally hundreds of bible named children !, some of the more unusual (as bible names are so popular these days) are boys called Hezekiah , Ezra, Enoch and Josiah and I have known two Zipporah's ( girl. )
Hadassah would be an unusual one for a girl, it was Esther's given Jewish name instead of the one she used to enter into the Babylonian popularity contest!

I do quite like Jesse for a boy , out of OT names.

We have Ethan which is old testament, as DH family are Jewish. We just happened to like then name though. The fact that it actually was Jewish was just a bonus. DH and his brother have Scottish names to honour their mother's heritage. DH wore a kilt in her family tartan for our wedding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back