bfp... then bfn :-(

xxkayleigh69xx

Reaction score
You may or may not have ready my post yesterday. Basically, I tested yesterday afternoon, and it was positive. I am a week late now, and have got a few symptoms. I have got the worst head cold, and 1 minute im feeling sick, the next i cant stop eating.

When the test came back positive yesterday, i couldnt believe it, so decided to do another one this morning. Me and oh were so happy, just felt sureal like we have finally done it.

So anyways, done the test this morning, and was negative How can that be??? I am so confused, ho can it be positive, and then the next negative?? This is like the worst ever, I have booked myself into the docs wednesday, but any encouragement that i could still be pregnant would be great

Has any1 else experienced this??

I've never experienced this, but it does seem strange, doesn't it?
Which sort of tests did you use? Have you tried a Clear Blue test as I heard they give the most definitive result.

:hug:

an asda own brand the 1st time (when i got the bfp), and a digi the 2nd (when i got the bfn), they say once theres a line theres a line.

im going out of my mind, i have to be pregnant :x

Hi Hun

I got a BFP in June 07 with a digital clearblue and took the exact same sample to my GP and he got a BFN and AF turned up 3 days later.

It may be a chemical pregnancy like mine was. I would see what the GP result is.

Are your boobies really sore (sore differently to PMT sore)?

I really hope it is a BFP, your 2nd test may have given an inaccurate reading. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mx

yeh, bbs are really sore, i never get that. Got a horrible cold,, and been feeling queasy too. I dont see how i can get a bfp at 5pm and then a bfn at 7am the next morning :?

:wave: I agree with Moofa, it could be a chemical pregnancy. I got a BFP 2 mornings in a row and I knew I was pregnant, but then I got BFN and then the witch arrived, it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. See what your doctor says when you go see him/her. Good Luck :hug:

Same thing happened to me and it turned up to be chemical pregnancy. It didn't make no sense but I couldn't change it. Hope you get BFP tomorrow x

sandee said:
What is a chemical pregnancy? :oops: :oops:

A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman's period was due but a miscarrige occured very early.

Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately very common. 50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant.

My Mum predicted that this would happen as she said often the body doesn't realise what's happening so often the first time it doesn't work and a very early M/C happens.

In short the hormone pregnancy levels were high enough to be detected but the egg didn't attach itself this month :hug: :hug: :hug:

Don't worry, it happen to me in June 07 and I was confused and upset too but by Nov 07 I was pregnant.

Do you know how many days your luteal phase is? The time between OV and AF?

Mx

I can only agree with what the others are saying sweety i wish you well :hug: :hug: :hug: -xxx-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back