bfing after weaning?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
how many times do you feed your baby after weaning? eds got 13 weeks till he is weaned.. im just curious on how many times you feed your babies.

im really struggling with feeding this weekend. my back is really bad.. ive been up hafl an hour and its still spazming..and also eddies not putting on weight hes only 11.8lb i know im not gonna give up. but its so damn painfull im starting to doubt myself as hes not gaining from me either.

At the moment Finn is having 2 meals a day and the rest of the time he's breastfed. I give him breakfast and tea. I began with 3 tsp of breakfast (Cow & Gate breakfast) and after 2 weeks I began giving him a bit of pureed veg for tea and an extra spoon of breakfast (upon the recommendation of my community nursery nurse).

Hey Lisa,

I waited til 6 months to wean my daughter who was (and still is) exclusively breastfed. Fairly quickly, she took to solids and was on 3 meals a day by 7 months and now gets 3 meals + puddings which has helped her to sleep through 13+ hours overnight.

She quickly dropped breastfeeds and from about 6.5 months when things settled down into a new routine, I was doing one long morning and one long evening feed and then 2 really quick snack feeds mid-morning and mid-afternoon plus expressing 2-3oz for her breakfast most days (occassionally will give her whole cows milk to get her used to the taste). At just over 8 months, she has now dropped her mid-morning snack feed, and now feeds from me no more than three times a day (2 longer feeds and 1 snack feed). I think she would probably drop her mid-afternoon snack feed as she doesn't ask for it, but I want to ensure she gets enough milk so I always offer it and she'll take it.

I really hope you feel better soon.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back