bf - long time between feeds

LISAMJS

Reaction score
I have decided to bf ds on demand now. He is 7 months old.
He fed this am at 0530 then had cereal, 1130 had lunch and yogurt.
i kept putting him to my chest but he didnt try and latch on.
I then thought you must be thursty so bf him at 1230 but he only fed for about 5 mins.

Should I of waited for him to show me he wanted it do you think?

I have worked out he will be on 3 bf a day. Is this okay? Thanks

I think babies will take what they need. Cooper feeds when he wants. On a normal day it goes like this. Morning feed 7am, mid morn 11am then will offer again 2pm and 4pm ish in the day he's not that bothered and may just have a little drink but may have more. He'll have a few other little drinks before his bedtime feed. Then he prob on average feeds 3 times a night. Cooper also has milk in his porridge, cheese daily plus his yoghurt. As i say i wouldn't worry as long as you offer boob he'll take it if he needs it. There's far much more interesting things going on at this age. I have started feeding Cooper sitting up now on a chair where he can see the tv, he does tend to take more this way.

i've put 4 cos thats what he would normally have, but i am trying to cut own now as he will be weaned in 4 weeks time. i need it to be 3 by the time we fly to NZ on the 7th March. I would be putting higher than 4 if we are not weaning next month.

Sandi

Lottie has a feed at 7am, 11am a small feed at 3pm and a normal feed at 6.30 (before bed). She has dropped one feed since she has started solids. She no longer wakes at 12 am :cheer: However she still wakes at between 2am and 4 am :wall: for a night feed. I have noticed that the first one in the morning and last one in the evening are her "big" feeds.

C has about 5-7 feeds a day and about 2-3 at night but then she is a booby monster

Last edited:
Angel's still about 5-6 times a day, regardless of the fact i was told she should only be having 2 feeds a day!
She actually climbs onto my knee and pulls my top down now! :lol:

LisaJ1986 said:
Angel's still about 5-6 times a day, regardless of the fact i was told she should only be having 2 feeds a day!

who told you that?? honestly there is no set amount a breastfed on demand baby has - if I tried to limit C to 2 feeds there would be hell to pay lol

Last edited:
The woman i go to see to get her weighed.
Everytime she falls over and bangs her head she refuses to let Daddy cuddle her! She'll crawl to me and have boob! :lol: All better then.

LisaJ1986 said:
The woman i go to see to get her weighed.
Everytime she falls over and bangs her head she refuses to let Daddy cuddle her! She'll crawl to me and have boob! :lol: All better then.

magic boob we call it - though it has been shown that breastfeeding helps reduce pain through releasing something (can't remember what)

that woman talks rubbish :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back