Beware its Bronchiolitis season!

What does sats mean ladies?

Glad all your babies are on the mend xxx

sats are oxygen saturations, how much oxygen is in your blood.

josh has it atm. thing im coming down as well as i have sniffels etc. He's been quite poorly, his breathing is funny like from his stomach and it keeps going like a sharp inhale and exhale as opposd to a smoothe rise and fall if you see??

x

daisy had the thing when the muscles round ribs suck right in also at throat u could see it she was also making a grunting noise especially after trying to feed which a common symptom[exerstion from breathing] they also tire so quickly they dont feed properly and can vomit alot of what goes down

My little one had it when he was two weeks and had to stay in hospital for 2 weeks. He had a stuffy nose for about 5 days but no other symtons (no fever or couging) and then one evening I put him to bed and woke up during the night and realised he hadn't woken up for his feed. So I tried to wake him up but he would only stay awake for about 10 seconds no matter what I did. So we drow straight to hospital and during the 15min journey he had started going blue and his sats where 80 when we arrived there and his temp. was 35.3 and he was imposible to get blood from at first as they said his body had started shutting down. Scary! He was on the Si-PAP for 3 days and then on oxygen for 9 days before he managed to keep his sats above 94 without oxygen and we could go home.

Last edited:
My lo had it at 4 mths and earned himself a 4 day pass to hospital yay.
General signs, started at a cold, cough, runny nose etc. My first worry was his eating, dropped to about 60% of normal feeds. Then I noticed him chest, sucking in under the ribs.
Hospitals admit babies if. 1) taking less than about 2/3s of normal food. Or strigglig with breathing, and he was doing both.
For anyone else who's baby has had it, ul know it doesn't just disappear overnight. We were given an inhaler to take home, and 2 mths later still need it a few times a week. He is regularly breathless, and his mouth starts to go blue about twice a week. This is normally fixed with inhaler, if not, taking him outside for a sec the cold air to got him... Not sure why that works but it does!?
This isn't meant to stress anyone, my lo seems to like the drama, Just be aware. They do say babies who have had it can be more prone to being asthmatic, but normally only if family history. And they don't know if that is actually true, or babies who are genetically more likely to be asthmatic r more probe to bronchiolitis!
Sorry for being so long lol
Xx

Oh yeah, if ur not sure, regularly check baby! When I first took him to the walk in centre, his sats were 99%. they screwed us around and I could see him getting worse so left and went to a and e. So 2hrs after the 99% it was down to 92, they decided to admit him and see what happened during the night. A few hours later again sats dropped to around 82-84%, an they they decided to put him on oxygen. So things can chane fast!
X

My lo had it at 4 mths and earned himself a 4 day pass to hospital yay.
General signs, started at a cold, cough, runny nose etc. My first worry was his eating, dropped to about 60% of normal feeds. Then I noticed him chest, sucking in under the ribs.
Hospitals admit babies if. 1) taking less than about 2/3s of normal food. Or strigglig with breathing, and he was doing both.
For anyone else who's baby has had it, ul know it doesn't just disappear overnight. We were given an inhaler to take home, and 2 mths later still need it a few times a week. He is regularly breathless, and his mouth starts to go blue about twice a week. This is normally fixed with inhaler, if not, taking him outside for a sec the cold air to got him... Not sure why that works but it does!?
This isn't meant to stress anyone, my lo seems to like the drama, Just be aware. They do say babies who have had it can be more prone to being asthmatic, but normally only if family history. And they don't know if that is actually true, or babies who are genetically more likely to be asthmatic r more probe to bronchiolitis!
Sorry for being so long lol
Xx

my ds is asthmatic they diagnosed him earlier than what they usually do too :( he has the steroid inhaler twice a day now and thankfully its kept asthma attacks at bay

Hiya,
They won't diagnose cian because of his age, and maybe he's not asthmatic, but it's doing my nut it cause they won't try the preventer, so he needs the blue one all the fricking time! Xx

Hiya,
They won't diagnose cian because of his age, and maybe he's not asthmatic, but it's doing my nut it cause they won't try the preventer, so he needs the blue one all the fricking time! Xx

thats what we was like on tristan it was a nightmare he suffered hayfever too he eventually got the preventer just after his 2nd birthday and touch wood he hasnt had an attack since and he had a chest infection the other week but we was able to treat him at home instead of an hospital stay make sure you keep a diary of when he is bad ect

Thanks for that midnight, the diary is a good idea!
Would I just write down date/time/sypmtoms?
I would def prefer to deal with preventative methods where possible rather than trying to get a blue baby turn pink again! x

Blimey girls , hope your babies all get better soon

Devon has his first stinking cold right now and has dropped loads of feeds, my boobs are leeking everywhere !, so will keep a close eye for any other signs, thanks for the tips

yeah date times symtoms also what he ate and things like the pollen and stuff because sometimes hayfever can be a trigger also and look out for allergies too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back