Beware its Bronchiolitis season!

Mamafy

Reaction score
It's awful atm :(

My lo just got out of hospital 2 days ago with it :( His sats were 86% on admission to hospital and he needed oxygen and nebulizers for a day and a half :( His feeding has went haywire as well :wall2:

so what started off as a snuffle ended up like this!

Flippin Heck M, I'm sure you are sick to the back teeth of hospitals :-( xxx

Just a tad J :( but I was mighty glad of it this week to get the wee man fixed so quick :)

Poor little man, glad he's out of hospital, hope he's fully better soon.

hope hes better soon,

Madison has it! :(

and a lung viral infection, asthma and eczema! oh the joys eh! xx

Oh goodness me, so glad he's on the mend again. Ross started with a cough last night, snotty nose and obviously a sore throat as his voice is all funny. Are there any specific signs of bronchiolitis to look out for?? No one has ever brought up childhood illness in any groups etc.

watch your babies/child normal breathing pattern so you know what is normal when i or my son gets ill 1st indication that its on the chest is our stomach muscles will be used to help breathe so just under the ribs will draw in unnaturally

daisy had at xmas 21 babies admitted in 2 days she was sent home with sats of 93 because she was healthiest was horrid week people should read up on it and no what to look out for

Yep midnight is right, knowing how your child looks when they breathe is vital to know when they're struggling :(

Hospitals don't like if your lo's aren't taking at least 2/3 of their feeds, if they aren't keeping feeds down etc

It may start as a a snuffle, then a a really bad cough will develop, even the colour and consistency of their nappy changes.

Saline drops will help break the mucus down but it might not always be enough. Around 2-3% of babies who pick this up will need hospitalisation; most can be treated at home.

It is also highly contagious, all my kids had it, plus I had it but obviously its nothing more than a a bad cold in children/adults.

Thanks for that. I'll definately be on the look out. Two out of five babies from my antenatal class were admitted before Christmas with it, and one of them was taken back in a couple of weeks ago. I suppose you 'know' when your baby isn't right along with the other symptoms too!

I had been to the dr 3 times before my lo was admitted, his breathing kept getting worse: he was also breathing faster and his heartrate was higher xxx

you cant always tell a wheeze to a bit of phleam in their throats so the drawing in sharply of the muscles is a good indication that they are struggling and if this is happening their sats will be low its shocking how low sats can drop my ds is asthmatic so we do have inhalers that open up air ways and can use it to a maximum of 8 puffs which equals him having a nebuliser but its scary a good few years back they thought my dd had a chest infection she was doing the drawing in of muscles thing and she was rushed to hospital and ended up in high dependancy with pneumonia so things can change so quick and easily its scary also take your babies temp a few times so you get there normal temp so you can then notice any changes in that also

My LO has just had it, its starting to go now (2 weeks on!) I took her to the doctors twice and the first time they debated admitting her but decided against it. She started off with a 39.5 temp, took her to hospital and they told me to give her more calpol. She barely ate for that week and 2 weeks after she was wheezing and coughing and bringing up loads of food so took her to the doctors who said Id brought her in too early (??????) and then I took her in again on Monday and was told that its was bronchiolitis and because shes still smiling that she'll get over it. For the past 2 1/2 weeks I feel like Ive been banging my head aginst a brick wall and now shes 4oz lighter and dropped 2 centile lines.

Grrrr to doctors! :wall:

Im glad your LO is feeling much better now. I cant believe how much has happened since his birth for you both :( Heres to wishing you both lots of good health. :hug:

Thank you for the advice!! Really helps to have things to look out for, I know they'll all be different but good to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back