best bottles to use

Gruntie2

Reaction score
any comments would be helpful on which bottles work best.. ? my SIL has recommended Avent... any others???

I have always used Avent for Jake. I havn't had any problems with them as such but Jake did have colic until he was about 8 weeks old which it says they prevent. I think that if we have another baby I might buy Dr Brown bottles as they are supposed to prevent colic and have good reviews.

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/search/ref ... wn&size=12

I have used tommee tippee closer to nature bottles and my baby has had no colic at all with them, whereas my son did with avent.
The teats are nice and soft an the shape makes thbe bottle easy to grip.

Id recommend them to anyone.

hi, i used the bruin anti-colic bottles. they are like the lindam anti-colic ones with the button at the base of the bottle to extract air. my LO has never had colic so they must work lol. i used advent with my first and they were fine too but i found the teats were expensive to replace and she wouldnt have any others once she had got used to the advent ones.

xxxx

We spent a fortune on all the avent stuff last time then the little man couldn't suck hard enough to get the milk out. We were recommended to get cheapie bottles like the 2 for £1 from the chemist, and had no bother with them.

This time I have got tommee tippee ones as I don't like the idea of the cheapest of the cheap, even though the baby will know no better. :oops:

I have bought the Tommee Tippee closer to nature ones.

How many bottles do you recommend buying???

I would buy 8 as you will be forever making up bottles otherwise and babies for the first coupl of months can be frantic feeders - demand feeding is really come and go with a bottle fed baby so be prepared.

Tescos normally do them a bot cheaper then everywhere else ive seen.

mrs_tommo22 said:
I would buy 8 as you will be forever making up bottles otherwise and babies for the first coupl of months can be frantic feeders - demand feeding is really come and go with a bottle fed baby so be prepared.

Tescos normally do them a bot cheaper then everywhere else ive seen.

Thanks, I have 10 I think so that will be enough, Tesco had the TT closer to nature ones on offer for £3 odd for 2 not long ago so I stocked up then :cheer:

Dr. Brown had just come out on to the market when I had Tia... I had advent before because they were supposed to be good... (they had soft beaker spouts too which are great for 4 months up and you want to get them off the bottles)... But Tia would be sick if she drank milk from Advent bottles so I brought a Dr. Brown one and it was fantastic (a bit fiddly as they have loads of parts) but they were really good at stopping them being sick.

This time round I've only got Dr. Brown ones... I got a load of ebay from the states for a fraction of the cost of new ones.. and as new ones need to be washed and sterilised anyway... its just as easy to buy second hand ones and just replace the teat :)

I find that the Avent ones leak if they are tipped up so no good when you go out. I have found Tescos own wide-neck bottles to be the best. Tried the Tommee Tippee Nuby ones and the tops are really stiff to take off at first, me and OH really struggled with the lids in the early days lol, the bottles themselves are great tho.

Gruntie2 said:
do these dr brown bottles work in most steralisers?

As far as I'm aware... If not, just go get one of those cold liquid sterilisers....

Stephen used the nuby ones and they were fantastic, he loved the teat on it!was always licking it after he finished his bottle the little weirdo!!!

I bought the TT C2N bottles becaue I couldnt find the nuby ones, if i had i would of used them and when stephen was oldewr i swapped the teats for tescos wideneck teats ones and there very good and cheap.

I've used Avent, Dr Brown and Tommee Tippee Closer to nature. I would recommend the TT Closer to Nature. Although I am going to breast feed I have bought some back up TT bottles.

We use Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottle & teats, OH likes them too as they're real wide for his big hands, and they're nice and wide for adding your formula too, less spillage in the early hr feeds hehe.
Isaac's never had colic or been a sicky LO, so I'd definitely use the same for any future LO's :)

I prefer the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature ones too.... never had them leak at all, had so many leaks with Avent ones tho!

I like the Mam and Dr Browns, and my first baby had a really severe case of reflux !

:clap: :D :clap:

i use Tommee Tippee Closer to nature bottles for hayden, think i used Avent bottles with the others

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back