benefits entitlement

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help with this.

I am due to start maternity leave on 30 dec. i get six months paid leave. i can take a further 6 months unpaid.

My hubby is a house husband (cant work due to operation at the moment). If i decided to take some of that further 6 months unpaid, would i be entitled to income support or any other benefits.

we get tax credit at the moment as we have two other children aged 10 and 3.

x

Hi Davina,

As far as I am aware of, because you have voluntarily decided to take the additional maternity leave you have agreed to do so unpaid and as such will not be entitled to additional benefits or income support. However I am unsure to whether your husband will be entitled to additional benefits, I presume he is currently recieving incapacity benefits as he is unable to work. The best advice I can give is that you speak to the Citizens Advice Bureau who will hopefully be able to help you more.

Hope you get it sorted, I think it stinks that mothers who choose to stay at home to bring up their chld recieve little or nothing. Its one of the reasons I am having to go back after 6 months :(

im sure your tax credits will incress because of your wages, i no that when i go on maternity leave i get full pay for 6months and the next 6months i get £100 a week and my family tax incresses cuz ov the low amount im being paid

Does anyone know what the child benefit is for 2 kids?

I think it depends on their ages Urchin or if they are in school or not? ... I think anwyay......Can't help more than that sorry.

Hi Urchin

I get it for my two boys and i think i get either £113 or £118 every four weeks.

my boys are 10 and 3, i dont think it matters on the ages.

x

urchin said:
Does anyone know what the child benefit is for 2 kids?

i get £113 every 4 weeks for my two, ages doesnt matter

Hi Layla

At what age does it differ for child benefit, is it when theyre older.

How are you feeling today.

x

oops! i meant age doesnt matter, sorry :oops: i will edit that now.

feeling ok thanks :)

I've got the details of child benefit here if anyone is interested:

£17.00 each week - for the eldest or only child

£11.40 each week - for each additional child

So that would work out at £113 a month like you said, Layla thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back