• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Being sick

inky

Reaction score
LO is being sick :(

When should you take them to a doc for vomiting? It could be anything causing it...

He had his measles jab on Friday and was first sick yesterday pm (so 48hrs between)
He fell and banged his head on Saturday (so 24hrs between)
He ate some very rich pasta yesterday pm (was actually sick for the first at the table in the restaurant!)

My first instinct was that the food was too rich and had irritated his stomach but then thinking back he was a little clingy yesterday morning before we went out. Then I thought perhaps his jabs were the problem but vomiting isn't listed as a side effect. Then I remembered the fall, which wasn't a big one, he doesnt have any lumps r bumps or anything.

This morning he has been sick twice but is keeping milk down. He's not particularly interested in food and has a slight temp. He's otherwise ok, a bit quiet but playing happily.

I'm probably being an overprotective worrying mummy but he's never been sick before and its horrible to see :(

What would you do?

Hummmm, this is a difficult one because he had a bump.

Personally I think Id wait and see if it happened again and then if it did Id go get him seen. But Im pretty laid back with stuff like that.

Paige was sick last night (in bed so it went everywhere :sick: ) but I just figured it's one of those things.

I would probably put it down to the rich food if Im honest. Id say give him a bit, see how he is and then maybe book an appointment if your still worried? Hope he gets better soon though x

I would call nhs direct for sure :hugs: especially as he hit his head on saturday.
I called nhs direct on saturday (noa fell n smacked his mouth n bleed from a tooth and the lip) but they said if its not urgent dont call them at the moment so i hung up. If they say this to you, dont hang up :hugs:

Rang NHS direct....off to a&e we go!

hope hes ok hun. id have called nhs direct too. let us know. xoxoxo

Thanks girls, just got back, they said it was the right thing to do to take him in. Good news is vomiting isn't being caused by the bump on the head. Don't know what's causing it, just put down to a virus as always! Poor thing can't keep any food down niw but is keeping down water and milk so just gt to keep an eye on him x

Aww bless him, glad its not caused by the bump & i hope he's better soon xx

thank god hes ok. when they hit the head n vomit freaks me out. Dembas best friends little sister fell from the bed as a baby, hit the head and was never "normal" after that..

It's such a worry isn't it?! Now he's walking he's always falling over and my hearts in my mouth every time!

What's the best way to handle a bug? Withdraw food altogether? Everything solid just comes up again 10 minutes later, if he doesn't eat then he isn't sick. Milk and water seem to be staying down ok. Shall I just keep trying him onbland foods tomorrow? I feelike such a noob lol!!xx

noa have never been ill but i know with the elderly i work with we give small bits off try toast now and again and fluids if they can keep the toast down for a few hours they can have abit more. little bit mashed banana maybe? just do very small amounts and see if he can keep them down. Fluids are most importnant tho but try dry toast like a 50 pence coin in size n see if he can manage?

Thanks evelina, i'll try him with that tomorrow. He hasn't really wanted anything today but is clearly hungry poor thing :( sleeping now, I can worry about him being sick in his sleep instead now :wall2:

Bless he will be fine. I hope he be better tomorrow x

U can also try boiled potatoes, rice, baked apple, perhaps chicken soup. Just nothing acid or milky until he have been keeping it down for 24 hours xx

Dry toast has stayed down :yay: so relieved :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back