Being sick in work

scooby88

Reaction score
Ok so I am around 7 weeks pregnant. I want to wait until after the 1st scan before I tell the world, however I have been feeling so sick recently, I have been sick in work this afternoon. Do you think I need to tell my boss earlier so he knows the reason im appearing ill? Im wondering if he may guess if I turn up at work tomorrow and spend the morning hugging the toilet bowl...

If he's really good he'll realise what's wrong and just be nice to you! I guess it depends what your job is. It may be good for him to know, and you can ask for it to be kept quiet.

In my experience, whenever I have been ill all the men at work automatically think im pregnant including my boss eventhough I was just ill! So there is a very good chance that he may think that anyway. But when I told my boss he was really supportive and is being very nice to me :) xxxx

I told my boss as soon as I found out, so that he will know what is wrong when it starts! He was very supportive and understanding. I keep feeling sick, but haven't been sick yet, so am waiting for it to start :oooo:

I had to tell one of my male coworkers when he found me puking into a bin and bawling :) if you think he can keep a secret and be understanding it's sometimes nice to have someone looking out for you xxx

Thank you for your replies. I plucked up the courage and told him this morning. I work for a small company, there is only 3 of us. My boss was ok, he was happy for me but I can see he is worried for the business too. Feel better knowing he knows now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back