worrying about work..

littlesmoosh

Reaction score
hey guys! ive been sick non stop for the last month. sometimes its affected my work. ive had to call in a couple of times to say i cant make it. today is yet another one of those days! my boss knows im pregnant, he knows the whole deal. but hes your typical man. moody and insensitive. he doesnt say much about it. but thats what worries me. im scared incase hes gunna get rid of me without warning me or something. ive been with my work for over two years. never let them down. but this last month ive called in sick about 6 times. just starting to panic incase i lose my job. feeling a bit hopeless right now if im honest. x

Hun they can't do anything if they know u are pregnant, it would be unfair dismissal. I wouldn't worry about missing a couple of days off work, I've not been in work since 5th Novemeber :shock: I was 6 weeks, and I'm now 12 weeks and not been back. Im technically signed off til the 28th December, but Tried to return this week and caught a bug that has knocked me for 6, so thinking of just staying off now until my sick note runs out.

Its not ideal me being off work this long as I only get ssp, which is way more less than half my wages I usually get so I am worried about our finances, but I needed to do what's best for me and my bean. U need to do the same. :hugs: xx

Last edited:
thankyou! thats just what i needed to hear!
ive thought about getting a sick note but i literally just cant afford it.
this might be a bit naive of me but what is 'ssp'?? just incase im entitled to it
x

If your not feeling well enough to go in work then don't feel guilty about not going in!! Like kanga said, u've gotta think about urself and ur baby right now :) x

thankyou! feel better after hearing what you guys have to say!
my boss can be quite intimidating. he doesnt shout or anything. but hes just very quiet and moody and it makes me feel uneasy in this situation. x

SSP is Statuatory Sick Pay, which is what you get when you are entitled to sick pay with a doctor's line.

aw! i didnt even know this existed! is it your work that gives you the sick pay or the government?? x

some companies have there own sick pay scheme. Mine unfortunately doesn't, any time off work is unpaid. So being signed off work I'm only entitled to ssp from the government at a measly amount of £81 per week! :( xx

the amount of shifts im missing at the moment i would be as well taking this instead!! thankyou. youve been a big help. hope you feel well enough to work soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back