Being pregnant and caring for my babies

Lauren92

Reaction score
My 17 month and 5 month old to be specific.

I know they say you shouldn't lift heavy things when you're pregnant, and that you should try to relax. Well I can't stick to either with my two!

Last month I managed to fully stop breastfeeding Jack, my 17 month old, but I'm still breastfeeding Roxanne and boy can she drink. All I seem to do is sit in the bedroom with my top off! :lol:

Seriously though, has anybody else gone through a pregnancy with two young ones, and how did you cope ?

I know I'll cope somehow, but I'm going against all the things the doctors tell you when you're 16 weeks pregnant. I'm running around all the time keeping on top of things and am lifting both my children regularly.

Last edited:
Hello, I haven't gone through this myself but I imagine your body is used to all the running around anyway so I would hope you would be ok :)

If your too concerned ring the midwife, do you have a partner at home? maybe they could help (not with the breastfeeding!!):lol::lol:

hey hun

mine arent as young as ur two, but i have a 9 and 3 year old and constantly running around!! take them both to school on morning pick little one up lunchtime and straight to private nursery, then on the afternoon back to pick the little one up from private nursery and the big one up from school!! in between all this im at uni full time so im backwards and forwards, i work evening part-time and im stil trying to sort the house out, cooking tea, shopping etc!! not mentioning the weekly visit to me mom.......as for the heavy stuff you know ur own limits :) i still pick my 3 year old up and do stupid things with them, but i dont carry him to bed as he falls asleep on settee coz he is like a dead weight then!! so OH carries him up the stairs.. i work in a supermarket too on customer services and still lift heavy things, as i know my limits and i think its too heavy i get somone else to do it!!

the recommendations are you dont carry anything heavier then 20lb

Hey hun, I found out I was pregnant with this LO when my son was 9 months old. We were ttc, well ntnp, but thought it might take months or years, it took weeks lol

I BF my son until he turned 1. I couldn't hack it anymore. My nipples are so sensitive and it was making me feel reallysick whenever he was latched so I stopped cold turkey on 4 January and he wasn't phased. I think he was ready tbh and he is now on toddler milk instead and I feel so much better for it. BFing during pregnancy is very hard. Your body puts all goodness into milk, then into new baby and nothing left for you. I felt awful, now I feel like a human again lol

My son is 13 months now and is walking, but only just started so obviously still needs to be carried around and OMG he's heavy lol It's getting harder as bump gets bigger and back gets weaker, but I think coz you're doing it all the time it's not such a shock to the system when lifting him!

It's hard having a toddler and being pregnant, but at the same time I'm loving it and can't wait for #2 to be here. I think that's it for me though, defo no more babies coming out this machine!

xxxxxx

Hey huni I have an 8 and 4 year old and my dh works overseas, so I actually never stop! I work as a support worker with a female with cerebal palsy and I still carry out safer handling. I'm ok just now but I know the bigger I get the hard all these things in my life will become harder. Xx

I haven't been through this, I found it hard enough to cope with pregnancy and an 8 year old; you deserve a medal for everything you're managing! xx

I haven't been through this, I found it hard enough to cope with pregnancy and an 8 year old; you deserve a medal for everything you're managing! xx
Thanks, I wish my husband thought that...

I shouldn't be too hard on him considering he works all the hours he gets to bring money in, but I sometimes just wish he was here with me more.

At least he gets home by 8PM so he can help out then and we can have some special time together.

He said he'll try and cut his hours down a bit in a few months time so I can put my feet up more when I get closer to the birth, so that's something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back