Been told off for being too grumpy and miserable...

Lulabell

Reaction score
So, went to visit my sis and co in Barnsley at the weekend. Bearing in mind I live in Poole, Dorset. So the journey time including stop was 5 hours. I'd been up since 6am and worked from 9 til 5.30 then went straight up there after work. My mum drove. When I arrived I was promptly told how miserable i was. I was shattered! Then the next day after having had only 4 hours sleep, I got told off for being grumpy and that I should be happy and enjoying my pregnancy. This comes from my sister who had an almost perfect pregnancy with no sickness or anything. I have been having really bad sickness. It made me feel bad that I wasn't enjoying pregnancy like I am meant to?

So question is, anyone else not enjoying pregnancy? Or is it just me? :wall2:

there are times when i'm really hating being pregnant, I too have had horrible sickness from about 8 weeks and i'm just going onto my 16th week and still have it, however there are days for example buying the baby our first outfit on saturday, seeing the bump forming that really make it worth while. and dont worry ive been getting told off my a few ppl at work for being grumpy. being pregnant doesnt mean u should be chirpy all the time, coming on here and ranting makes me feel better :D
xxx

I suffered really badly with all day sickness until i was about 13-14 weeks and it was HELL!!! I was probably the most grumpy person you could meet! Over the past few weeks since the sickness has calmed down i have started to be able to smile again but i certainly don't feel chirpy all of the time as i have been suffering alot with fatigue. Every pregnancy is different and it's really not fair for your sis to be saying that to you! I've heard that alot of people don't enjoy being pregnant (my mum for instance), it's just something that they have to go through to get their beautiful baby!
xxx

When I was 14 weeks I hated it! I couldn't believe it was happening and how sick and tired I felt. I would cry every time my OH went out with my friends and I was a wreak! Come 16 weeks I felt a million times better!

Don't let people judge your pregancy. Everyone is differant! x

i get off days too hun...your going thro changes...not being funny its all very well your sis saying that but I bet she had off days too...shes just forgotten them

Hiya,

Im new and yes I'm not enjoying being pregnant either. Im now 17 weeks and still feel awfull, I had dreadfull morning sickness, I didnt eat for 6 weeks and was sick all day and night, we had the doctors out numerous times and they were going to admit me to hospital.

I had also just started a new job and got fired for being off ill, so am now facing losing my horses as my part time job ( already had it before) doesnt pay enough and cant afford any maternity pay as the small amount of pay that I will get wont cover the fuel to actually get to work.

My fiancee worries about me constantly and I cant go any where without telling him exactly where I am and how long I am going to be and have to text him while Im out. I know its because he cares and loves me but he cant understand that Im feeling claustraphobic and like a child. He doesnt like me going riding ( admittedly my riding horse is highly strung but is currently lame anyway) so I go to my friends and sneak rides on her daughters horse- I feel perfectly safe and it is my chill time.

My family say I should be happy Im having a baby, but cant understand that A) it wasnt planned B) I never really wanted them and am facing losing my horses because of it, I bred my future show jumper last year and he is my pride and joy. So no I'm not really happy about being pregnant. They also think that I should stay at home and look after it and stuff my career- I know I will go mad, my fiance works nights and sleeps during the day so I will literally be 24/7 stuck with baby. At the moment I have no maternal feelings for it so am hoping that I can buy some.

I also have no one to talk to, at work I run the branch practice so its just me and the vet and only have a couple of friends where I live.

apparantly im always grumpy, my husband reckons once ive popped i will be much better. men dont help much eitha x

i'm not enjoying it either i'm the same have suffered with ms all day and altho it has started to ease off so am only sick about twice a day now i still feel sick pretty much all the time there are some moments that are lovely like the scans and hearing the heartbeat, but i always said i would rather go through labour than pregnancy lol

I've never had the opportunity to enjoy being pregnant so far. I can hardly be the life of the party when I am constantly turning various shades of green!

Your sister is lucky, if anyone told me off for being grumpy they probably would have been the instant target of a massive b!tch fit.

Last edited:
I'm not really enjoying being pregnant. I was constantly sick from 5 weeks to 20 weeks. Since then I've been lots better but am still throwing up most days. I've now moved on to the backache and restless legs so am hardly sleeping and am in constant discomfort/pain.

Working full time on about 2 hours broken sleep a night, plus the back pain, plus feeling like a whale, plus decorating the house....equalls one not very cheerful Nat.

I just can't wait until the baby is here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back