Been for 2 scan and haven't had HCG Levels Tested

Celene

Reaction score
Hi There,

I have been for two early scans now. And neither times have the tested my HCG levels. Is this normal or should they be testing it?

I am 6w6d pregnant.

:)

With my first pregnancy, I was scanned at 5w 5d, 6w 5d and 7w 5d and they never took my hCG.

However when I went to EPU earlier in gestation with my last pregnancy (about 5w 2d) they did test my hCG?

I think they take hCG if it is too early to scan?

xxxxxxxxxx

If they have seen development on the scan then there will be no need for them to check your HCG levels hun.

I think they only do this in very early pregnancy when there would be nothing to see on a scan yet.

If they have seen development on the scan then there will be no need for them to check your HCG levels hun.

I think they only do this in very early pregnancy when there would be nothing to see on a scan yet.

Same, I had one at 6wks and they said no need for hcg :) they would have if there was any issues. Hope all is well xxx

Ok thanks for the feedback that makes me feel better.
My scan went well. He dated me back so I am only 6w 6 d pregnant but the beartbeat was 140bpm so that is a good sign. Will still work until until the next scan at 8w3d! :)

xxx

They wouldnt do it when you go for a scan anyway, different staff etc etc

I've never had my levels done this pregnancy x

Last edited:
i never had any HCG test at my early scans x

They don't need to do hcg levels if they can see everything is alright from the scan - that's what they told me today anyway :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back