Bedtime!!

Jaxx01

Reaction score
OMG I am at my wits end!!!

Stanley sleeps fine during the day but night time it is a proper battle of the wills!!!

This child has so much stamina it's unreal!! Once he's asleep he'll now sleep for 13 hours now his teeth are through! But it is a constant battle EVERY bloody day!

Im lost I've tried everything!!!

Any suggestions? X

Do u have a routine for bedtime hun?
Ethan goes thru phases with going down for bed really well and then being a pain about it and trying to crawl round the cot for 45mins and tgen getting upset coz he's overtired and not gone to sleep!! X

Yes we have the same routine every day!!! That's exactly what Stanley does! He gets on all fours and rocks and tries to crawl around! He cries with his eyes closed he's that tired!!! x

I'm sure you have tried but might popping a dummy in help? Xx

It's so hard isn't it? I try to get Ethan as calm as possible by doing his last bottle in the dark and trying to give him a cuddle before I put him down (won't often have one as will start wanting to look around!). We usually leave him after a few mins when he's in the cot with light projector on and listen on monitor. If he gets stuck in a corner we go in, pick him up, put him back on his back, kiss him goodnight and give him his teddy again then leave. I was spending a lot of time in with him waiting for him to calm down and go off to sleep but think me being there was prolonging things coz since we've started leaving him to it he gives up a lot sooner and drops off. (Well its working at the mo anyway!). Do u try leaving him to it hun? X

Yes pos he has a dummy :) it is hard and I've tried leaving him by oMG this child will never give up :( his dad was stubborn, ignored me for a whole 24hrs once!! He must get it from him lol

Just gone into him and he's snoring his head off :D I feel bad for getting frustrated :( xx

Yes he is! I figured out a few weeks back that half his problem is he mom rs around too much! Although the sleeping bag doesn't stop him completely it does restrict him a bit lol xx

Sleeping bag doesn't restrict ethan! Lol! He makes his way round the cot regardless!
Don't feel bad for getting frustrated hun- we all do! Do u give him plenty of time to practice crawling in the day? That's my only other suggestion! X

Yes lol although he's just not getting it lol did you see my other thread? He doesn't crawl, he moves his arms and then kind of froggy hops the rest lol xx

Bless! Think I may have read that!....Ethan can only go backwards- hence getting stuck in corners! At least when Stanley is down he sleeps 13 hours- Ethan will sometimes wake in the night and start practicing again and then I hear him crying when he's stuck and have to rescue him! He has slept all the way thru (11-12 hrs) just 3 times so far- I don't think tonight will b the fourth we have already been into him twice :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back