Bedtime at 7pm

Little Rose

Reaction score
Hi - my daughter is 6 weeks old. From she was born she would take her last feed anytime between 2030 - 2200. I always do this feed upstairs in our bedroom in silence with the blinds and curtains closed. She falls asleep right after her bottle so I put her into her cot and then I go to bed as well.

Most nights she wakes twice. Usually around 2am and 5:30am. A few nights she has slept until 3am but will still wake around 5:30 ish.

I tried a dream feed a few times but it made no difference, she still woke around 2ish so i'm not bothering with that again.

I know she is young and am hoping that she will soon start to wake only once in the night.

I was wondering what age people start putting their babies to bed at 7pm? I suppose the baby must be sleeping through the night first and then you gradually pull the bed time back over a period of time. Is this correct?

Some nights I feel like I will never be up late again lol. I can't wait for her to start sleeping right through so I can get to watch some TV!

aaawww hun. It's still early days yet. Are you breastfeeding? I know that with my daughter it took her till 8 weeks to start sleeping through a minimum of 8 hours! But this was because we decided to introduce a bedtime formula feed that "kept her going for longer" so to speak. You are lucky that you daughter knows the difference between night and day though! For the first 6 weeks, Layla's days were our nights etc! lol xx

Well we did it from about 6-8 weeks which was when we felt comfortable to take the moses basket upstairs with just a monitor. at first he hated it and would cry but we were patient and kept running upstairs soothing him till he calmed down - however without picking him up or talking etc so that he knew it was bedtime but we ensured there was nothing wrong with him. After a few days to a week he started just going to sleep by himself at 7 and then after a week he consistently went to bed at 7. Don't get me wrong it was really hard at first but by 4 months he was in his own cot and has never had a problem with bedtime at all..........it didn't help him sleep the night or anything but it was nice having our evening. Up until that point (where we started the 7 routine) he slept downstairs with us until we went to bed at 11.

That's how we did it and it workled really well as we have our evenings together! Joshua never slept through till about 6.5 months but at bedtime he goes up and he knows its bed time now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway that's how we did it ....sorry for the ramble........

XxX

I would say about 2/3 months old is when I started putting them in their own cot to chill out. Feeding and routine was established and I only did it when I knew that they had no wind and were able to self settle etc.

We've tried the dream feed as well and it didn't work for us, it made no difference to them getting up in the night and found that it really unsettled them instead of just letting them do their own thing.

Owen has gone to bed at 7pm from day 3. He is exhausted by then as he doesn't really sleep during the day but he often fights sleep and he often doesn't properly settle until past 8. We spend most of the evening runnig up and down the stairs to soothe him or more often put his dummy back in as he won't settle without it. He then wakes at around 1am and 5am and trying to do later/dream feeds makes no difference.

Good luck x

i went to bed at 9 every night for about 3 months because she used to wake in the night but i put her to bed at about 7 when she started showing signs of being tired then she would fall asleep and be solid so waking her up to get a bath and dressed in pjs was a struggle so it was easy because she did it herself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back