• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bedroom / nursery themes

Xena

Reaction score
what themes do your kids have in their bedrooms?

Lydia's is mostly disney winnie the pooh, as she has posters of then everywhere, plus a pooh blanket on her bed and usually eeyore bedding, and a pooh rug, but she also has dora stickers all over her wardrobe, and elephant curtains, and a butterfly light-shade
so a bit of a mish mash.

alex has trucks and digger curtains, but that's about it so far. He has a trucks and diggers duvet cover and pillowcase to go with it, but he's not using them yet.
besides he's going to end up sharing Lydia's room at some point lol

Went with the I love my bear range in Toys r us... we painted the top half of room like turquoise, and the bottom a nice cream colour...! Put the border on, got all be bedding etc, nappy stacker, cot tidy, rug etc ect everything, downlighter etc.

butterfly's - i painted a random few over her walls and she has a matching toy box.

BUT we are going to redecorate in a few months time. Im thinking the alphabet - get felt letters and sow them to their curtains, Put pictures up on the walls, make matching blankets to go on their beds over their covers. :think:

Still undecided really...

Seren's was linear zoo meets Dr Suess lol but their room now is raspberry pink with some butterflies on the walls

leland is yellow and aqua winnie the pooh but i really want to do him a safari / jungle room but will wait a good while yet

I'm not really into bedroom themes, but do plan to decorate once the new baby is here and we know the sex as eventually the two children will be sharing a room.

I love pink though, butterflies, flowers etc so will have loads of fun decorating if this baby is another girl!

Valentine Xxx

Like Valentine I don't really do bedroom themes.

Before LO was born we got a moses basket set that was brightly coloured but that was pretty much it. I like bright colours and things that can be used for a boy or girl.

LO's room (he is still sleeping in with us and doesn't use his room yet) is just cream walls, brown carpet and nautical curtains. Nothing matches and we have no baby furniture at all other than his cot.

I plan on waiting till he is old enough to choose something he likes for himself rather than having something I like. If we end up with TtTE crossed with Barbie then so be it :lol:

Calleighs room isnt themed. We rent so cant really do anything too extreme as i really do not want to be re decorating before we leave. Her room is painted yellow at the moment and TBH she doesnt care what it looks like as long as she gets her sleep :lol:

When we move i think i will try and put a little more effort into maybe something girly like butterflies or a safari animal theme.

I love decorating :D I didn't know what I was having so went with I Love My Bear for his nursery (a wee tiny room joined onto mine). He's now in his own big room and I've done it with the Jungle theme from Vertbaudet. He has bright green walls, with animal stickers on the walls (my Brother in Law is a sign writer so he done nice big ones). It looks lovely and bright and I think it's a perfect wee boys room. D loves it too (just wish he would sleep in it all night!)

in the old house it was baby pink, bright pink and white, butterflys - then on the white wall a huge Upsy Daisy hand-painted on.

Right now in the new house, thier walls are just cream....must sort somthing out soom :(

We had the old Winnie the pooh range from babies are us before they changed it we had matching curtains,wallpaper light sahde bedding all of it

but we have decorated now and its is off white walls with a pink fairy border and light shade with hot pink skirting and blind.

I'm going with stars. We have stary wallpaper, curtains, wall lamp and light shade. Not a theme as such though, I just like stars :)

Lexi's is princess mostly... bedding, curtains, light pink walls, princess border etc.......

however she also has a fair bit of winnie the pooh too, stickarounds, rug and lots of winnie the pooh and friends teddies (tigger,eeyore,piglet,roo etc) xxxxxx

As we're renting we're not decorating so the walls are cream and the carpet is a kind of dark biscuit colour. We've got classic pooh (lol) wall stickers, canvases which i painted and a changing Matt. The chaning unit and wardrobe don't match. Lol.

She has 2 pop-up toy chests - one disney princesses and one tinkerbell :D

When we get our own place I want to paint the room themed and do a whole wall of pictures/scenery. I love the idea of a castle... but whatever LO likes will be what I do :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back