Becoming fussy

ZMD

Reaction score
Tegan is usually a great eater but for the last week she's becoming a little sod for throwing her food on the floor!
she won't eat any Veg we give her (unless its in casserole) no cucumber (she used to love it)
no baby crisps, pear, tuna & tonight she refused her fish!
what should i do, any suggestions? carry on offering her everything? x

Do you give her a spoon and fork? Put her food on a plate?

If you do, take it all away, put her food on the table and ignore her while she plays and if she takes a bite cheer her lol. Paige went through about 2 weeks of not eating properly and just refusing everything! So I took her back to basics and she's back to eating normally :) Not saying its going to work, but worth a shot lol.

Yes she has a plate & a fork (spoon if its messy) she was starting to use her fork really well but now just throws it on the floor & uses her fingers. i'll give it a go tomorrow anythings worth a try. does Paige use cutlery properly? x

my lo is a fussy eater!!!! hes slowly getting better but i was tearing my hair out and getting so upset. is tegan teething?! i give Marley cutlery to play with, but he just plays with it or throws it on the floor. i give him his dinner chopped up if thats what he has or otherwise he has toddler meal spoon fed no problem, and if he eats it, fine, if he throws it on the floor i just ignore him. put it back on his tray etc etc. i dont really know what else to suggest as i am having these issues too! argh.

Yeah she did, shes really good with it but I find she can sometimes spend so much time playing with the fork and getting annoyed if it doesn't work that she stops eating :wall: I usually give it to her for the first 10 minutes of dinner time but then take it off her, or if she throws it on the floor I wont pick it up, which ever happens first.

i was concerned about M not really using his fork properly, but i think i just need to focus on getting him to actually eat food first and worry about that later?! what do u think?!

If you do, take it all away, put her food on the table and ignore her while she plays and if she takes a bite cheer her lol. Paige went through about 2 weeks of not eating properly and just refusing everything! So I took her back to basics and she's back to eating normally :) Not saying its going to work, but worth a shot lol.

I've had to do the same. I've introduced a plate and I take it all away if she starts throwing. She waits for the dog and offers it to him or to me!

I've not even tried a fork yet!! Should I?!

I tried a fork (metal one) because Paige hated spoons. Seriously....toddlers are so fussy!

I've had to do the same. I've introduced a plate and I take it all away if she starts throwing. She waits for the dog and offers it to him or to me!

How alike are our girls?! i caught Tegan hanging over her highchair earlier feeding the dog parsnip! x

I fill so behind you guys! Charley won't hold his own spoon and I feed him with a fork, I've not tried getting him to hold it!
He also won't hold his own bottle! He's so lazy!

I fill so behind you guys! Charley won't hold his own spoon and I feed him with a fork, I've not tried getting him to hold it!
He also won't hold his own bottle! He's so lazy!

lol...M is the same, he will hold his own beaker some time but i kinda like feeding him his bottle as it gives me an excuse to cuddle him! hehe

Oh Paige wont hold a bottle! She'll give herself her beaker etc but with a bottle she just refuses. I think she likes that I snuggle her and feed her :love:

I think that's why he won't hold it, I lie him in my arms while feeding him but it's the only time he wants cuddles!

Paige has grown up far too quickly :( so I like our bedtime cuddles. Its a way of keeping them little for that tiny bit longer.

Paige has grown up far too quickly :( so I like our bedtime cuddles. Its a way of keeping them little for that tiny bit longer.

im the same. i always take him out his cot when i go to bed and just cuddle and smell him for like 5 mins! LOL.

hes growing up so fast!!!! its amazing but i miss my tiny baba!!!!

im the same. i always take him out his cot when i go to bed and just cuddle and smell him for like 5 mins! LOL.

Im so glad Im not the only one who does this!

well just to update she is getting fussier! she will now eat NO vegetables, chicken or hardly any fruit little monkey! am i doing right but just keep offering things that she 'doesnt like' and maybe soon she'll change her mind & start eating properly again? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back