Fussy or just not hungry? Help!

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Last 4 nights Alanna has refused to eat her dinner :shakehead:
She will happily drink an 8oz bottle afterward then goto sleep, but is getting up earlier and earlier cause shes hungry!

I cant work out if shes just being difficult, or isnt hungry.. The last four days have been..

Breakfast - Cereal (Weetabix or shreddies)
Lunch - Sandwhich (Tuna, Marmite, Philly Cheese, and Baked Beans)
Bedtime - 8oz Bottle!

Surely thats not enough food !? But its all I can get her to eat!! She has gone right off any fruit and veg, and is refusing anything at dinner time, chicken, noodles, veggie rostis, burgers, fishfingers.

Any ideas? The first two days I cut out her afternoon snack incase it was filling her up too much for dinner, But hasnt made a difference! :shock:

She is always tired by 5 (dinner time) always has been, never stopped her before. she would goto bed then if i let her.

Could be going through a fussy stage, a few weeks ago Tegan went really fussy (posted a thread on here) she refused her dinner & wouldn't eat hardly any fruit or Veg! she's back to eating properly now. if its because she's tired could u try giving her a bigger lunch then a sandwich for tea? xx

Yeah im gonna try swapping it so she has main meal at lunch instead today

I'd try moving her tea time half an hour earlier, Thats what I have had to do with my sons dinner he has that at half eleven as he falls asleep after 12 little bugger x

Oscar is going through a similar thing atm. It's been going on a couple of weeks.

He's fine with breakfast, eats the lot and cries when it's gone so I've had to increase the quantity. Then after this dinner and tea are hit and miss. Usually he starts off enjoying what he's eating then he'll start creating a fuss and not wanting any more, snatching and throwing food. I was wasting alot by keep offering him different foods coz I was worrying about him being hungry, but it's got to the point I can't aford to do this coz whatever is offered next he does the same thing, few mouthfuls of yum yum then screaming!

He's absolutely fine with snacks, biscuits/bananas etc, food he LOVES, but mealtimes are a struggle.

He woke the other night for 1.5 hours from 3am with grumbly belly, but I'm not gonna get up and feed him breakfast at this time. And generally he is waking earlier than normal.

His milk feeds haven't changed, he's still fine with milk.

God knows what is going on, but it is really stressful and I hope it's a phase that will stop as quickly as it started!

Oscar is going through a similar thing atm. It's been going on a couple of weeks.

He's fine with breakfast, eats the lot and cries when it's gone so I've had to increase the quantity. Then after this dinner and tea are hit and miss. Usually he starts off enjoying what he's eating then he'll start creating a fuss and not wanting any more, snatching and throwing food. I was wasting alot by keep offering him different foods coz I was worrying about him being hungry, but it's got to the point I can't aford to do this coz whatever is offered next he does the same thing, few mouthfuls of yum yum then screaming!

He's absolutely fine with snacks, biscuits/bananas etc, food he LOVES, but mealtimes are a struggle.

He woke the other night for 1.5 hours from 3am with grumbly belly, but I'm not gonna get up and feed him breakfast at this time. And generally he is waking earlier than normal.

God knows what is going on, but it is really stressful and I hope it's a phase that will stop as quickly as it started!

Leo did this the other day, refused baby food, so I gave him snack food which he could pick up and munch himself, fruit crackers with cream cheese on and a little chocolate afterwards he seemed to get his fill so I wan't worried as it was only that one meal x

Leo did this the other day, refused baby food, so I gave him snack food which he could pick up and munch himself, fruit crackers with cream cheese on and a little chocolate afterwards he seemed to get his fill so I wan't worried as it was only that one meal x

Oz drives me mad though because he is disliking more and more of the he actually did like before. He likes sandwiches but won't eat cheese, ham, tuna etc etc. He did like jam sandwiches but will only eat on occasion now, sometimes he cries at the sight of it lol

I've bought some muffins today for him to try because generally he's ending up with few mouthfuls of something, tantrum then a piece of toast! not very nutritious I know, but I'd rather he don't have an empty tummy really!

He is ok with fruit pouches, but actual fruit is the same. One day he likes something the next day he will cry on sight. Only consistent thing is bananas, he loves a banana every day!

I do look forward to him talking so I know what he finds so offensive about these foods, but at the same time I'm dreading all the back chat coz there's gonna be loads lol

xxzx

Well yesterday I switched her meals around, so gave her dinner food at lunch time.. and sandwhich for dinner..

She is just being a fussy lil bugger! Refused her "lunch" , threw it everywhere and yelled at me , so she got nothing till snacktime

Come to dinnertime, Had a sandwhich.. no problem , ate it and went to bed >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back