BBC news this morning

i hope i dont pop while im in battersea st. georges are rubbish by the looks of it... i wanna pop in brighton there best :D

Bee said:
I wonder why they produce these reports - do u think things will actually change with the results? Or is it just scaremongering?

I think it may well see standards improve in the poorer fairing hospital trusts, but as to if that actually makes for a better end result for the person giving birth, I don't know. All the MW appointments, discussing options, giving scans, informing a person, it can all fly out the window if the woman in the delivery room feels the MW helping her is a cow or is not being very useful or has left her for too long. Or if the Doctor's bedside manner seems somewhat detached. I don't think any NHS trust can factor in the personal touch as it all depends on the person at the receiving end and their perception of it. And often, when in labour I'd imagine a woman's perspective and perception are not functioning as they would in normal circumstances, so its hard to really know.

If it were me, I prefer a more no nonsense approach than someone over fussy or mothering me. I don't mind if a MW is matter of fact or blunt or whatever, I find that benificial as I know she is focused and doing her job. But to someone else, she'll be a total cow and not helping matters.

I don't think its scaremongering as I think many people are still not going to really research their options as well they might and many will remain ignorant to it or simply forget about it. So many people seem to just go with their local hospital and not really consider going elsewhere, but may well be happy even if the survey results are less favourable. I think it's down to the individual to make themselves more aware and to read up on things if it concerns them that much. And to be proactive and take action and ask for alternatives if they wish. But many do not. I never rely on being told by someone else if its an important matter. I do my own research and then go from there.

The findings, well, it was a month last year. I wonder about the 11 other months and all the other women who gave birth. But joys of survey eh :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back