bathing advise please?

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
ok , leland is now 2 weeks old and hasnt had a bath yet , was told not too cos of prematuraturity but i think he'd be fine now . just been using baby wipes etc which he screams at !

now , ive never bathed a baby in my life , nooone in hossy showed me cos they didnt want him bathed .

so im a bit clueless as to what to do !

i have a baby bath which has like a seat thingy in it that he can lay in , or i hve a sponge pad thing .

do i use baby soap ? on his hair ? i seriously dont know what to do or use lmao or what temp the water should be :oops:

Hey chick, this is how I do it dunno if it will help u or not...

I do the water at 38 degrees & then I leave her in her clothes (so she doesnt get cold) and hold her over the bath, clean her face with cotton wool then wash her hair with a bit of baby shampoo. I then strip her off and put her in the bath and wash her while shes in the bath, I use a bit of johnsons body wash to get her nice & clean plus its a moisteriser too.

Hope that helps :D

all i ever did was put some oil in the water and put alana in the baby seat thing and let her kick about in the water, i never washed her as she had dry skin. they dont really get dirty any way.

Hey Gem,

I wouldn't use anything on his skin (no wipes, just cotton wool and water) or any products (no johnsons, shampoos, soaps etc) as he's still so little and delicate - I didn't with DD for 2 months and she was born at term - they really don't need any products, just to be washed with water.

Valentine Xxx

yes i agree with valetine just use water and cotton wool to start withthats all we used to start with as they dont get that muky and its so much better for them good luck :hug: :hug:

When Maddison was really weeny I only used water and cotton wool. I have her in bath with me too :wink:

I was never told to not use anything on Harrison! The morning of the day he was born the MW gave him a bath and used Johnsons bath stuff and she told me it was ok, I used cotton wall and warm water when changing his nappy for the first month though because apparently their private area is the most sensitive!

ETA - I forgot, Leland was premature so im not sure if things are different for premmie babies, maybe ask your HV to be sure and she/he can help you on how to bath Leland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back