Backache

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Recently ive had really bad backache. 3 weeks ago I decided to have a bath for a change instead of a shower, when i pulled myself up to get out of the bath i pulled a muscle, it wasnt that bad when it happened but an hour later i couldnt stand up!!

I was in tears the pain was so bad. Now 3 weeks later im the same, at work getting up and sitting down is uncomfortable and sometimes very painful, im finding it hard to do housework (although at the time my back doesnt hurt) but as soon as i stop doing housework and sit down, i can barley stand back up again!!

Im only 12+6 and im really worried that when im 6 months pregnant im going to have serious problems. Im going to arrange a doctors appointment next week and see what the doc suggests, but as far as i know when your pregnant your not allowed any physio?

Has anyone else been in the same situation as me and what did you do?

Tiggy xxx

I was reading in my big book not to make fast movements and get up very slowly as your body reduces a hormone during pregnancy called relaxin and it makes you more prone to pulling muscles :hug:

I had an excruciating pain in the middle of my back yesterday when I was in town for absolutely no reason at all. It was the type of pain that stops you breathing for a moment. I do find that if I get up quickly or move quickly that I am in pain a lot with pulling/tearing sensations in my lower abdomen too.

Just try to take it really easy and don't lift anything heavy if you can help it!!! :hug:

i suffer with back ache all the time, last pregnancy it was a nightmare. this time i can slowly feel it getting worse.

i recomend buying a maternity support belt, takes alot of the weight of bump off your back.

la redoute sell them for £25, ive just ordered the black one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back