Back to work

beanie

Reaction score
I got confirmation that I can go back part-time (yipee) in June so am really chuffed about that. It will be a monday, tuesday and half day weds so I can still make the get together in August :wink: . I am hoping to take 2 weeks leave before I go back so Seren will be 6 months, as she will have started weaning for definate then which I think would be easier. However I am a bit concerned about my milk. I am sure that I have read somewhere that work have to provide me with a place to express. I obviously want to do this so I can keep my milk up and also otherwise I will be so uncomfortable and full I will probably leak. Has anyone had any experience of expressing at work? I just feel really uncomfortable about doing so, especially as I am joining a new team but I can't see any other way. Also will they take my expressing time as breaks as it takes me up to half an hour to express and if I do that four times a day then thats 2 hours and I only get an hour for dinner. I know its a bit early but I am hoping to go into the office soon to speak to my senior and I want to have a rough idea of my rights. I did think about putting this on the working whilst pregnant forum but thought I'd be able to get more anwers here.

wen i was PG i asked my mum (my boss) all about this as i was Plannin on BF for longer
they had to let u express and cant count it as ur breaks thanks to the goverent breast is best campaign lol

Hey hun,
I went back to work for 1 day last month (before i was told 'acrually, sorry your not allowed back to work :shock: !!) OH had charlie, and i was working in the offices on light duties with 4 males.
Well i spent most of the morning on the phone to my OH 'checking up!' and when it came to 11am i thought id better go express, i had to ask the blokes if they minded me putting my milk in the fridge, one bloke was like yeah sure no probs, and another was like 'its home made milk mate ha ha ha' (yes sooooo unfunny)
any way they gave me some old office to sit in, as they dont have anywhere else, but they are required to give you somewhere and it doesnt have to be on your break. I felt quite uncomfortable with it all, and its one part of going back to work next week that im not looking forward to.
I have to be there for 4 days next week (15th may) to do a restraint refresher course, what am i going to do??? its physical stuff, what if boobs leak (all males again) i cant miss any of the course to go and express other than break times as ill fail and not be able to return to work with out the certificate of completion. Just hope boobies are full and ready when its break!!!
Any way sorry Beanie for taking over your post, you got me worrying now LOL!
All i can help you with is to second what Sarah said.
Sorry again, ive waffled on your post

You haven't taken over Hels, to be honest it is a relief that someone else is in the same boat. Am going to buy a hand pump as my electric one is too noisy lol, and if I'm not relaxed then there is no way I will get anything out. Was thinking about seeing what nurseries are nearby and perhaps going over at lunchtime and feeding her but I think it would end up upsetting Seren (and me) more. Why can't paid maternity leave be longer, I am excited about going back but really want to still be able to nurse her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back