Back to work

kelli

Reaction score
Please can i have some advice.

Really scared im 5 weeks and 3 days gone and i have to lift heavy things in work but i dont want to tell anyone yet. is this going to effect the baby?? :(

kelli :)

Lifting is not a good idea during pregnancy ,You could fib , say you've pulled a muscle and can't lift at the moment while you check it with your doctor in the meantime. Good luck xx

Lifting is not a good idea during pregnancy ,You could fib , say you've pulled a muscle and can't lift at the moment while you check it with your doctor in the meantime. Good luck xx

^wss

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks girls.. Will ask one of the ppl i work wiv to help me out.. jus worried i might have to lift some things on my own...
xxx

I would second asking someone to do the really heavy things cos you've pulled a muscle. I have to lift boxes of products at work so read up on what I could and couldn't do. Apparently if you are used to lifting your body is used to it so it should be ok. But depends what you are lifting, check with your doctor as you'd never forgive yourself if anything happened. You can always speak to your boss and ask for it robe kept quiet. A risk analysis will highlight anything you shouldn't do xx

I got told to speak 2 my boss today by a close mate i told in work as i got worried and had bad pains but im scared ill loose my job as im still on perbationare period until next month.

kelli xx

im sure they cant sack you because your pregnant but they do have to keep to health and safety in the workplace so will prob put you on checkouts or other light duties, best to be on safe side and speak to your doctor as other ladies have said x

I don't think they can sack you. My husband works for Tesco so I know how the supermarkets can be though! Do you have a team leader you could confide in and perhaps they could put you on light aisles. Your body will be used to the lifting but you should take care still.

Thanks girls think i will speak 2 my manager and ask him to keep it quiet for awhile. :) hoping it aint going to effect me working.. off to the gp today xxx

I understand how you feel. I teach at a special needs school asnd I have a lot of moving and handling to do. I have had to ell my team so that I don't put myself or them at risk, haven't yet told my head though waiting for fidt scan. Take care x

Thanks ive signed my contact in work now so going to wait to get a copy then i think im going to have to tell my manager as im startin to show abit xxx

Hi Kelli I'm in the same boat as you I'm 10 weeks into my 6month probation period and also have to do a fair bit of heavy lifting at work, to make matters worse I'm a team leader so if I do tell anyone it would have to be the big boss first :s getting worried as I'm on the delivery shift in a few weeks time but I'm thinking I will just use the bad back excuse for now and fingers crossed I don't suffer any morning sickness as touch wood I havent so far !

I finally told my boss as we have some new pupils who may need restraint and I am trained and could get called to help. She was great and has made up an excuse why I can't do it until I am ready to tell the others the real reason. I am sure your boss will be ok x

Again if your used to it then you should be fine but when i found out i took lighter duties at work staright away xxx

Thanks all ive signed my contact now as my period is over on the 17th of this month.. :) i havent told my manager yet but he knows i got a bad belly and ive said i cant lift things as the doctor has told me not to at the moment. think im going to wait till im 3 months gone then maybe sit him down but not tell anyone else..

Understand asd1 take it easy for awhile say u got a bad back or stomach should help for awhile... where do u work then?? here if you want a chat at any time girls #

Thanks again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back