back pain, period pain, but no contractions?!

nutcase109

Reaction score
Hi girls!

Been having lower back pain, and period pain for long over a week now, but no contractions. Has anyone else been feeling like this? I was under the impression that when you started feeling like this it was just hours away from labour, but no such luck for me. Keep getting hopeful then disappointed.

Oh - I have had this as well!! I had it for a few hours yesterday and today since about 4ish. Also quite a lot of pressure 'down below'. I had a bath which didn't help and leaned over my ball which didn't really do anything. In the end I took 2 paracetamol which have helped a small amount.

I was hoping it meant labour was imminent as well!!!! I don't want this for weeks on end!!!!

(I had started imagining myself with Bambino by the end of the week. Darn).

I have no idea what it could be but just wanted to say good luck if its the start of things to come. Hope your not waiting too long to meet your LO :hug: :hug:

Yep Ive been getting this too.....particularly sore tonight!

hopefully we pop soon!!!! :pray: xxx

I have been having the back pain, but it normally comes and goes in waves and nothing else happens.
I really hope its the start for you though.

Still nothing but thanks for all the encouragement girls. You guys really are the best, and this forum is a real gem of support xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Had the same thing for the last week hun! Think it's what they call effacement pains, where the cervix is softening. Went for a consultant appointment last week to be told cervix was totally unfavourable but this week it's short soft and open which means it can be anytime! Hope you pop soon hun :hug:

Strangeness said:
Had the same thing for the last week hun! Think it's what they call effacement pains, where the cervix is softening. Went for a consultant appointment last week to be told cervix was totally unfavourable but this week it's short soft and open which means it can be anytime! Hope you pop soon hun :hug:

:shock: :shock: OMG.... I've been getting period pains, back pains and pressure down below too so I hope it isn't this. I'm only 28 weeks!! :shock: :shock:

Chrissy1 said:
Strangeness said:

:shock: :shock: OMG.... I've been getting period pains, back pains and pressure down below too so I hope it isn't this. I'm only 28 weeks!! :shock: :shock:

im the same chrissy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back