Back & leg pain on STIMS

Bambi42

Reaction score
hi girls,

I’ve got what feels like ciatica (not sure how to spell it) across my lower back and down my right leg. It kept me awake most of last night but I haven’t done any mega exercise to have pulled a muscle. Went a long walk today & that helped, now it’s back to really painful again.

I’m on day 7 of STIMS, is this a side effect? There’s nothing on my menopur symptoms sheet.

Xx

Hey hun, I had some back pain with mine but not leg pain. I put a hot water on my back when I was sat down. Not a boiling hit one though, my accupuncturist just said to keep it warm but nit boiling, if that makes sense? Might be worth ringing your clinic in the morning just to double check. Hope you manage a better night tonight hun x

Thank you. I’ve got a scan in the morning so will ask then. Such a random thing. I was wary of the hot water bottle but might put it under my leg for tonight.

Hope you’re keeping well xx

Yes I was wary of hot water bottles too but my accupuncturist said as long as it was semi warm and not on direct skin it would help with the ache. But there's so many opinions our there, you just have to do what feels right for you hun.

I'm OK, tired most of the time at the moment and just seem to go from over the moon to panicking that it's ended, dodgy hormones!

It’s a rollercoaster for sure but worth it in the end.

I’m just back from scan. I got 7 follicles measuring between 10 and 12mm so another scan on Wednesday and then EC either Friday or Monday.

Feeling a bit disappointed as was hoping for more than 7 but thankful that it’s working. Off to accupuncture now to see if she can help me grow them bigger. I’ve read on here ideal size is 18-20mm, my clinic said minimum was16. So on the basis they grow 1-2mm a day I should be okay. Fingers crossed. X

Last edited:
Hi lovely.

That's a fab number so far. Please don't be disappointed. At my last scan I had 9 follicles and ended up with 15! So just take it easy over the next few days, eat plenty of protein and rest. I'm sure by friday they'll be big and perfect! I had accupuncture during mine and I'm sure that's why I ended up with so many. Huge hugs lovely. You're doing amazing so far x

Thanks hunny. Just back from accupuncture and going for a sleep xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back