Back From Midwife.. Not Very Good *Updated* - First Post

BabyLove

Reaction score
Just Got Back From The Midwife & Shes Not Happy About My BP At All.. Plus Iv Been Getting Headaches & Palpitations. I Got Told Off & Have Been Ordered To Rest So Shes Sending Someone Round Tomorrow To Check It Again & If Its Still High Im Being Hospitalised :x My BP Is 150/90... She Checked It Twice.

The Thing Is I Honestly Dont Think I Over Do It.. Im Not Working & I Wouldnt Say I Exhaust Myself- Im Just a Bit Stubborn & Have Pretty Much Carried On Doing Everything By Myself But Thats It. Can Someone Fill Me In On What May Happen To Me If It Stays High Please, All Iv Heard Is That...

1/ I'll Be Kept In Until It Hopefully Regulates
2/ I'll Be Kept In Until The Birth If It Doesnt Improve
3/ If It Becomes Too Dangrously High I'll Have An Emergency Cesarean.

Im Not a Happy Bunny :evil:

Edit - Im Very VERY Pleased To Say Everythings Fine Again :cheer: My BP Has Dropped From 150/90 To 120/80!! Im Soooooo Happy Now & Will Learn To Stop Worrying & Stressing From Now On :shhh: Shes Coming Back Next Thursday & Will Be Visiting Me At Home From Now On Which Saves Me The Walk :) Thanks For Your Help, Advice & Concern Everyone :hug: Lets Just Hope It Stays This Way xxx

try not to stress hun.. relax.. it could jsut be a one off if you rushed in to clinic.. i had pre-eclampsia with charl and spent a lot of time in n out of hospital.. was a nightmare.. try to chill. did u have protien in your wate? and swelling??

Hi Carly,
Ive been told the very same this week, although it is not as high as yours..
The midwife is coming tomorrow to check mine, and I have been told so long as they can stabilise it either by medication or rest, they will monitor it.
I have already had a scan to measure baby, in case they choose to induce me or C-Section, to ensure the baby is a healthy size. I then have an emergency appointment on Tues with my consultant and basically it is his call, in terms of what he chooses to do next.

If the blood pressure does not stabilise, I have been told it could be either a induced birth or C-Section.

Hope this helps ......

Good Luck :hug:

I don't have any answers to your questions but wanted to give you a :hug: and positive vibes.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Good luck tomorrow - hopefully your BP will have lowered by then, Its hard but try not to worry.Have a nice relaxing night & try to stay calm.

Let us know how you get on - get OH to pamper you tonight :dance:

[quote="lisa&alex] did u have protien in your wate? and swelling??[/quote]

This Was The Deciding Fcator.. She Said The Urine Sample Was Ok But If It Had Protein Id Be Straight In, So Its All Depending On Tomorrow Now :( Im Going To Relax All Night Now & Hope For The Best Tomorrow. Typical xx

try and chill overnight- easier said than done I know :roll:

Hope it is a one off and things are ok tomorrow :hug: :hug: :hug:

you must relax and stressing about going into hospital will make you even worse. Last night I went for a massage and it was fab, in the morning I'd been getting anxious and stressed about midwife coming and when she took my bp it was a bit higher than usual (normally very low)
After the massage I felt so chilled, so see if you can get one of those booked for tonight. If not get your OH to fetch some lavendar essential oil- put some in a burner, some on your pillow and get OH to massage your back with it- it won't work miracles but worth a try. Good luck chicken :hug:

hi

My bp at my 38 wk appointment was really high - can't remember exactly but the diastolic pressure was about 105 :shock: Did your midwife take your bp several times or just once? Luckily mine came down over a couple of hours - think she took it every twenty minutes, and reckoned it was probably the stress of trying to park and rushing round hospital getting lost.
Anyway she sent the community mw out the next day to check and it was back to normal, so hopefully yours will a one off too.

good luck :D :pray:

ive just got back from the hospital because of my blood pressure, it was a shocking 160/95 i felt very poorly with it!!! luckily i was allowed home after 2 hours of monitering baby and my bp which has now settled im going to be monitered aswell as my mum had pre-eclamsia with me touch wood all will be fine though!!!

I hope all goes well tomorrow and you don't need to go into hospital. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but if you do need to be admitted, at least you're in the best place.

Best of luck. :hug: :hug: :hug:

It could have been where you rushed into the surgery as Lisa said...

I know last time I went, I rushed, got stressed.. swore at several motorists, ran in and only just made it in time for my appointment.. and my BP was high for me... (but not high... if you get me)..

Go to bed early, have a nice warm bath with lavender, a cup of warm sweet milk.. and try and get as much sleep as possible...

The lack of protein in your Urine is a good sign :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Girls :) I Rested All Night.. Which Was Horrible Because Staying Still For Too Long Is Really Uncomfortable For Me At The Moment. Thing Is, As Sod's Law Would Have It Iv Been Anxious & Stressing Which I Know Is a Big No-No :( I Cant Help Everything Going Round In My Head Like All The Complications This Could Mean For Me & The Fact My Mother's First Baby Was Stilborn. Its Scary. I Think My High BP Is Mostly Down To The Constant Worry About Money Tbh.. and The Stress Of All My Family n Friends Being Nearly 300 Miles Away. If I Get Hospitalised I'll Be By Myself, Iv Only Got Luke and He Wont Be Able To Do Everything. What a Nightmare :(

Anyway, Iv Tried To Relax & It Worked Up Until About 10pm Last Night But Then The Headaches Started - Worse Than Ever Coincedently. I Made Myself Go To Sleep But Have Just Woke Back Up & My Head Is Still Hurting. I Hope My BP Is Ok Tomorrow, I Really REALLY Dont Want To Go To Hospital But I Really Dont Want Anything To Happen To The Baby Either. I Deffinately Dont Want To Be Induced Anytime & I Wouldnt Want a Caeserean Either. Hopefully This Is a One Off But The Headaches Make Me Think Different- Iv Had Them For a Few Weeks Now.

There's Also The Problem Now That Even If My BP Is Ok Tomorrow Then Im Going To Be On Edge Right Up Until The End Now Worrying That Something Has Happened Whilst Im Not Being Monitored Or Something. I'll Let You Know How It Goes, Fingers Crossed :( xxx

xCarly said:
Thanks Girls :) I Rested All Night.. Which Was Horrible Because Staying Still For Too Long Is Really Uncomfortable For Me At The Moment. Thing Is, As Sod's Law Would Have It Iv Been Anxious & Stressing Which I Know Is a Big No-No :( I Cant Help Everything Going Round In My Head Like All The Complications This Could Mean For Me & The Fact My Mother's First Baby Was Stilborn. Its Scary. I Think My High BP Is Mostly Down To The Constant Worry About Money Tbh.. and The Stress Of All My Family n Friends Being Nearly 300 Miles Away. If I Get Hospitalised I'll Be By Myself, Iv Only Got Luke and He Wont Be Able To Do Everything. What a Nightmare :(

Anyway, Iv Tried To Relax & It Worked Up Until About 10pm Last Night But Then The Headaches Started - Worse Than Ever Coincedently. I Made Myself Go To Sleep But Have Just Woke Back Up & My Head Is Still Hurting. I Hope My BP Is Ok Tomorrow, I Really REALLY Dont Want To Go To Hospital But I Really Dont Want Anything To Happen To The Baby Either. I Deffinately Dont Want To Be Induced Anytime & I Wouldnt Want a Caeserean Either. Hopefully This Is a One Off But The Headaches Make Me Think Different- Iv Had Them For a Few Weeks Now.

There's Also The Problem Now That Even If My BP Is Ok Tomorrow Then Im Going To Be On Edge Right Up Until The End Now Worrying That Something Has Happened Whilst Im Not Being Monitored Or Something. I'll Let You Know How It Goes, Fingers Crossed :( xxx

Try not to let things worry you. It will only make your BP worse. I know it's easy to say - I'm the biggest worrier and a white coat hypertensive thrown in :roll: You might find that your BP is totally normal today and that'll be great. If it is and they don't feel the need to keep checking it more regularly, why don't you get yourself a BP monitor and check it yourself. You may well find that it's quite normal when you are in your own home, without the stress of medical surroundings etc. Just a thought flower and good luck today :hug:

Good luck today, hopefully your BP will be fine today! Try not to be worrying pet, everything will work out, even if your bp is high they can control it with medication and even if it is very high at the end you can still have a normal delivery so dont be worrying so much :hug: :hug: I know what you mean about being away from your friends and family, I just have Daivd here and his mum and sister but when things get scary you just want your own family and friends :hug: :hug:

Hi Carly. I was admitted to hospital for 3 days at about your stage for similar reasons. My BP was a bit high so they sent me to the day unit at the hospital which stressed me out & put my BP even higher!

Just think of baby, not long to go now and even if you do get admitted it's only because that's what's best for LO.

I hope your BP settles down a bit. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back