Back from Hols - had a bit of a scare 2 days ago!!!

Neev

Reaction score
Hello all - back from the long holiday - had good time and heard missed good weather at home...its good to be back. :wave:

Morning of our return flight I had wiped red blood, rang the nearest hospital in Florida to see if they could quickly check me over - their response was okayish and so we decided to watch for anymore warning signals, I had also had cramps 2 nights in a row. Spoke to my MW and she suggested to return if I felt ok and especially because the baby was kicking quite well, often and hard . So we got on the plane and wishing everything would be allright...got home and went to hospital..they did internal and cervix was closed. BP was high and still is and I have 3 pluses for leucocytes and 2 pluses for protein - that suggested urine infection and the pain would therefore be accounted to kidneys being painful!?! Internal exam showed skin erosion but not to do with the pregnancy...thankfully.

So after that little scare, I am going to be taking a lot of rest for the next few days, will get results back from swabs on Monday and will know then if I need to be on antibiotics. Does anyone know if the pluses on leucocytes and protein is anything to worry about?

I will be reading everyones posts ..some of you guys are nearly moving into 3rd tri... woohoo :)

Gosh hun what a bloody trauma !! Glad everythings sort of sorted now and babys ok, no idea what the leucytes etc mean, i would have thought theyd have something to do with the kidney infection ?
:hug:

Oh no what a scary end to your hol, glad you're ok though. :hug: Was the holiday good and did you relax lots?XX

I had a plus for protein so had to give another sample which I've heard nothing about.

Consultant said he would monitor blood pressure as could be a problem if it rises.

I'm sure everything will settle down for you now but keep yourself well rested chick :hug:

Glad everything is ok with you and your LO and that besides your scare you had a good holiday :D Hope the swabs come back ok or at least with a simple infection that is easily treatable.

That must have been so worrying for you.

Sorry to hear of the worrying time you've had hun :hug:
Hope you enjoyed the holiday before all this happened. So glad to hear all is well with bubs.

Take care,

Sarah x

Glad you're back :D

Sorry to hear about the scary time you had over there :( Hope it didn't taint your break :hug:

Hope you manage to get lots of rest and relaxation hun! xx

I am pleased that you had a lovely holiday and that everything is alright with LO. I hope the results of the swabs come back clear for you. You put your feet up and rest lots :D

Xxx

sorry to but in here from 1st tri :oops:

the plus of protein and leucocytes just indicate a urine infection, the leucocytes are white blood cells which are present in the urine when there is a urine infection, your gp will probabally put you on antibiotics that are safe to take when pregnant to clear it up.

Thanks all for your replies..

Mildly - You back from your hols too - hope you had a wonderful time. We did, we just wanted to be home at the end of it because believe it or not - got a little homesick

babydust thankyou - yes all that you say is right, hopefully the body will clear up without the need of antibiotics, hate popping pills but hey, if doc says I have to then I guess I have to...

The internal for them to get a swab from was just so painful ugh. I was lay there thinking - if this is painful - very painful, this is probably not even 1% of the labour pains!!

Thanks Danny, it really is great to be back.
Lindsay my feet are so up that my hubby thinks I am milking it lol

peanut thankyou, we did enjoy our holiday. Went off to vegas for a few days and I just loved the idea of being a gambler but I could only part with $100 at the most - I had more fun watching people lose thousands in a second and they did not even have a frown on their faces.

Thanks 1588, Hazel. Laura we did relax but I did a lot of walking, so maybe that meant i needed to drink loads of water but I was not so good with water towards the end...
Thanks scatterpatch :)

Aaah, glad to be home honestly :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back