A bit of a scare yesterday...

Anna Marie

Reaction score
Hi all,

To cut a long story short my m/w and hospital appointments yesterday went well.. lots of blood taken for various things and my consultant even sneaked me into the scan room - total surprise but had a very quick look at Bod and how much he/she has grown ... was amazing.

anyway on way back from hospital got a puncture so took car to place near where I live to fix tyre and was just walking home when i fell over crossing the road.. it was raining hard and i must have slipped.. I fell pretty hard but managed to land on my side instead of tummy. Fortunately lots of cars pulled over to help me as I just lay there in the middle of a busy road in shock and petrified i had hurt Bod. All I could feel was pain all down my shoulder, hips and legs and hand where I fell. Of course I was really upset and in shock, one of the guys drove me home and I called the midwife immediately... I had started to get some abdominal pains so i was really panicking.. of course OH is away as he always is when these things happen to me!

Midwife came straight away and checked me over.. she found Bod's heartbeat and said all should be well and the pain is likely to be where I may have pulled a ligament in the fall but to watch out for any bleeding. I am on strict rest and put my feet up orders.

I am still petrified i have hurt Bod.. just such a lovely day had to end in such a bloody awful way.. I was so thrilled to see the scan etc and now I am worrying terribly again. And I cannot stop crying.. I think when I woke up this morning with all my aches, pains and bruises to show for the fall it hit me what might have happened and I just feel so awful about it all.

I now keep getting my doppler out to check Bod's still there and so far all ok :wink: Just hope that I didn't do any damage, I would never forgive myself.

awww anna marie hun dont blame yourself it was an accident what a terrible shock for you make sure you keep them feet up and call midwife again or pop to a&e if at all worried about your bean :( thinking of you hope all remains well big hugs hun xxxxxxxxxxxx

don't beat yourself about your fall... i'm sure everything is okay! It was good of the MD to come straight over and check you out. Try taking a nice warm bath with lots of radox to help relax and ease the muscles. You probably went really stiff when you fell with fright and if you've twisted yourself to enusre you kand on your side and not front you would have strained quite a few muscles. Bod is okay - they are a lot stronger than we give them credit for... i mean they have to push themselves down the birth canal head first....

I hope in a day or 2 you can have a little giggle about your trip... i slippted the other day - went out to my car in the rain then ran into the house (late for work as usual and i'd forgotten something) we have a tiled floor - i slipped and slammed my arm, shoulder and hand on the wall... really hurt and shuck me up!!!! the next i had a little laugh about it.

Take care of yourself.

x

Blimey Anna Marie, you've had a bit of a scare! No wonder you're crying, it sounds like you're in shock.

I'm pleased everything is okay, and that the midwife came round to you. Just put your feet up and rest. Like Hayley said, a radox bath should help. Is OH back yet to wait on you??

As the others say, don't beat yourself up over possibly doing any harm to little bod. There are 2 reasons I'm saying this: 1. sounds like you've got enough bruises already, and 2. if you are anything like me, bod has enough padding and probably doesn't even know what's happened. :wink: (I'm hoping that's managed to put a smile in your face!)

Lots of rest and tlc prescribed.

xxx

Oh poor you Anna Marie, that must of frightened the life out of you. Keep rested and chill. Im glad that everything is ok except for your bruises.

I actually fell down the stairs this morning, I went bump bump bump and managed to grap my arm to stop me going any further. I have hurt my lower back and bum but otherwise I am fine. I did cry as I was shocked. I didnt go to work and Im starting to feel even more achy now

You poor old thing!
Falling over gives you such a terrible shock.
Take it easy and look after yourself!
Lx

Thanks everyone... am feeling a bit better today although still very achey and sore.. back at work as driving myself mad with boredom and anxiety at home!! Desk duty only.. minimal driving and moving about so should be OK.

Hayley yes I hope I can laugh soon.. I am always clumsy.. so I am sure it won't be the last fall I have.. just hope next time it is not into the path of oncoming traffic!!

Eveadel... hope you are feeling better after your fall down the stairs.. I am waiting for that to happen.. we took the bannister off to redecorate the walls and still haven't put it up again.. it is now on OH's job list as top priority.. mind you I seem to fall up the stairs more often.

Tankett.. yes I hope Bod is well cushioned.. my spare tyre hopefully was a bit of a buffer for him/ her!!

Rach, Lucybee.. yes it is an awful shock.. hence the tears every 5 mins but I am calming down now.. thanks to my doppler for reassurance!!

Thanx again everyone.. xxxx

Hey ya hunni :)

For starters stop giving yourself a hard time girl!! thats an order!! you've been through so much sweetie and your doing so well so just chill out and relax!!! (Don't make me come home just to kick yer ass, good excuse tho lol)

This pregnancy was ment to be hun ... and your bod is doing fine!! if your anything like me and tankett :wink: you got enough padding to put dawn french to shame and the little thing prob slept thru the whole thing!! (Next time try landing on yer ass tho girly lol) but there best not be a next time!!!

MW would have taken you straight in if there was a problem darlin ... but you an bod fine!! (and will continue to be so!!)chin up, start planning our shopping trip, and how bad were gonna melt the OH's credit cards LOL!!!! :):)

Thinking of ya hun,

Imogen+Bean
xxx :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27