Back from Athens

Alwaystrying

Reaction score
Well ladies I am back and grinning from ear to ear. If any of you have heard of Serum in Athens or more to the point information on Penny there, I would expect it was all good feedback, well that feedback is right.

First impressions were that, was I back in the UK?? There were loads of English couples there, all either wanted to start IVF over with penny or had failed IVF in the uk and came over to see Penny, one couple whilst I was there were both crying as they came back into reception, I looked at DH and was like oh no bad news, all of a sudden the lady noticed us all looking at her and she gave the biggest smile and said "it worked" apparently it was thier last attempt as they had 4 tries in the uk all failed and they were pinning all hope on penny and the team at Serum, I was so overcome with emotion I even started crying, sad case lol

Anyway I go into see Penny and she was lovely, talked me through her plan with me. Then onto the ultrasound, I apparently have a perfect uterus and perfect lining, nothing needed to help improve that, my DH has in her words "amazing sperm" I am back out there next Wed fir ET, fast and simple as that, I have a load of pills to take to help the process, she is that confident it will work she says we will be a forgettable couple (in a nice way) quite nervous of that statement as much as I would love to believe that I know that not alot of success stories come from first tries, but it is so good to have a bit of PMA and do you know after being told that, my tubes are blocked then I have a low AMH, it was nice to finally get some good news, even if it was only to say I have a perfect uterus :)

All sounds really positive! Happy for you!! Xx

Fab news, glad you had a good experience. How long were you out there? Are you staying out there for a bit after ET! I hope you are a forgetable couple :) x

Fab news, glad you had a good experience. How long were you out there? Are you staying out there for a bit after ET! I hope you are a forgetable couple :) x

We were there for 3 nights, and sorry don't mean to offended anyone but I really did not like Athens, so for ET I am literally there for 1 night only. I can't believe after next Wed I will be in my first 2ww that actually has a chance of becoming a BFP :)

Massive amounts of good luck for you! :dust:

I'd love to hear about your experience with them as I'm likely to now need to find a private IVF solution!

Oh that's great news, yay for you and your perfect uterus! good luck with ET. Its good to have that pma, it will keep you going! Xxxx

Hey Hun I hope you don't minds asking but how much is it to do it in Athens? Is it cheaper than here? X

Hey Hun I hope you don't minds asking but how much is it to do it in Athens? Is it cheaper than here? X

Mine is slightly cheaper, as I'm doing what they call back up, in a way natural IVF? Don't need injections etc, lining/uterus is perfect, costing €3500 so lots cheaper, they have a brilliant success rate, they also do some tests that are not performed here, if you want google Greek hidden tests, quite a few ladies have discovered with this test they have what is called hidden Clymida, and many have then fallen pregnant naturally after a round of antibiotics, I thankfully was clear on that, although again questions why and how I developed PID

sounds good hun, fx for you.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back