Back ache / pains

Loopy_Loti

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For the past week or so I’ve been suffering with the most awful lower back ache / pains. I always thought the back ache came later and was due to the pressures of carrying the extra weight??

Surely it’s way too early for this?? If it feel like this now I dread to think what it will be like once Im in Tri 2 & 3!! Arrggh!

Does anyone know if its normal to get it so early on and if so why?

LL
x

Hello

I've just started getting backache after I'm on my feet for half hour or so. It doesn't sound as bad as yours though. I have heard of some people getting bad backache quite early, maybe it's because everything is starting to get squished together inside?

xx

I get horrific back ache, especially when I lie down after sitting up. But I get really bad back ache before I'm due on, so I just attribute it to hormones :think: I don't actually know what it is though.

Really weird coz I strated getting it last night. It was in the middle of my back though and only lasted 10 minutes.. I think its because our bodies are trying to get used to everything that is happening.

xxx

:( seems it is fairly normal this early then :( As Sal said guess its everything inside starting to squish and the joints / ligaments expanding to accomodate.

First midwife appoint is booked for next Weds (yay!!!) so I'll add it to my ever growing list of questions!!

Scan booked for the following Friday 30th Jan (spot on 12 wks) - even bigger yayyy!!! Can't wait!!

I have my first midwife appointment next Wednesday too! Can't wait to get the scan booked and see the little nugget!!

Me neither. I am suffering from exhaustion big time today.. I never thought I could be this tired!! Its crazy!! It kind of keeps this whole thing real though. Like it is really happening.

x

Oh girls my heart goes out to you because I got backache from about 8 weeks and I still have it 9 weeks on. You have my total sympathy :hug: :hug: My midwife said totally normal and it might dissapear, go then come back or never go until after the birth! :shock:

The only thing that helped me was changing my posture when sitting and standing etc, doing the pelvic tilt exercise and sleeping with a pillow between my legs to try and level my back out a bit. People might tell you it's because you are pushing your tummy outwards to appear pregnant - relish in the image of thumping them in the face but unfortunatly they might be right because the pelvic tilt turns your tummy inwards a bit and relieves the pain (but dont tell them I said that! :wink: )

If I walk for longer than about 30 minutes I'm in agony so shopping is a real pain in the butt at the moment. But if I sit for longer than 30minutes I get worse pain when I stand up - its a catch 22, another joy of pregnancy :roll:

Hope you're feeling better soon. :hug:

I keep having pains in my back but it seems to be trapped wind, but it hurts sooo much.
I had it really bad last night it resulted in me being sick either from the pain or cos i was panicing about the pain.
I hope it gets better for you all soon xx

It's hormones. I can't find where I read it before butthis is close enough:

pregnancy hormones have the effect of softening and stretching your ligaments, especially those around your pelvis (to allow your pelvis to open up when your baby passes through it). This can make the joints in and around your pelvis ache.

I've had 2 car accidents so although I have backache, I'm fairly used to feeling it so I barely notice. How much fun will that be during the summer when I'm about to pop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back