Back 2 back baby

XXAmyXX

Reaction score
Jst as the title reads I had a midwife appoinment 2day and that is the way that it is lying, she said not 2 worry that it has plenty time 2 turn. Should have asked while I was there really but is it a problem if they dont turn and what will happen??? Head is well down, and everything else seems fine :D

try not to worry about it hun, my Ryan was back to back until about 38 weeks, try going on all fours for a bit to encourage baby to turn xx

Back to back just means a longer labour, the contractions have to turn your baby before they start to do their thing, alot more painful! alot of back ache in labour, but dont worry, lean forward when sitting watch telly leaning over your sofa or birth ball get on all fours and rock your pelvis side to side or figure of 8!! it will be fine and at least you have plenty of time and warning to do everything you can to turn the baby xxxx

Baillie was a back to back baby - up until she was delivered. My labour was long (slow for 3 days then active labour for say 10 hours) and I've nothing to compare it to but it hurt! You should inquire about acupuncture as it's really effective for turning some babies before and during labours!

Kim x x x x

Longer labour....alot more painful??!! Cant b havin that Im on all fours as we speak!! :lol:

lol so am i love, i was told two weeks ago! the midwife said yesterday she is now in the right position but im not taking any chances xx

:lol: How will I know if bubs has turned?? N how often do u suggest being on all fours etc??

Lola-Mae was back to back and turned about 38 weeks :D

Thanx for replies girlies, I do still have 7 weeks for bubs to turn so fingers crossed. ill jst spend the nxt 7 weeks on all fours :lol: xx

XXAmyXX said:
:lol: How will I know if bubs has turned?? N how often do u suggest being on all fours etc??

Few times a day for 15-20 minutes, gently rocking back and forth. Or leaning over something to support you. Some women spend longer, do what is comfortable for you. As LO gets bigger you may well find if they remain back to back it gives you some serious back ache.

Also make sure you don't slouch on the sofa or when sitting. Sit upright. Slouching means baby has a nice curve to get into but in a back to back position.

Birth ball is good as you can sit on that and keep your knees higher than hips, feet flat to floor and rock and sway also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back