Babys neck not so strong at 11 weeks?

AndreaJayne

Reaction score
Doctor said Joshua's neck isn't very strong so we should go back in 3 weeks, anyone else had this problem with their baby? Xx

We weren't told by the dr - but LO hasn't been seen by a dr since 8 weeks, but her head and neck control are definitely nt as good as they should be for her age (4 mths). Have improved the last couple of weeks, but it's slow progress. I think lots of tummy time and trying to encourage LO to lean forwards from lying / sitting position (gentle pulling) is helping. Xx

I only found out about tummy time on here my health visitor or midwife never mentioned it to me :-s xx

Well Emily hated it so much, I never really pushed it, as I hated seeing her get so upset over it. I have started to persevere with it for about a month now - since about three months of age, and she can tolerate it much better now - holds her head up for maybe a minute at a time now. Not great for four months, but better than it was! I think some babies are just a bit slower than others to develop different things. Im sure your LO is developing faster in other ways, so try not to worry too much. X

The other thing I was wondering was whether babies with bigger heads and smaller bodies found it harder to get the neck control developed so quickly??? Emilys head circumference was 75th percentile when born and her weight was 9th percentile. So, logically I thought she would find it more difficult to hold her head up... I wonder does your LO h ave a larger head? X

Keep on with the tummy time hun and the head control will come on loads. I sit T bag on my knee and hold her arms out as well to get her to sit and hold her head properly
Xxx

We hated tummy time so I sat him on my knee to help his head and neck control at nearly 17 weeks we've only just mastered tummy time. Don't panic all babies develop at different rates xxx

xxx

Try tummy time on your chest as babies tend to like that more than on the mat!! Think the key is to do it little and often coz it will tire them out easily!!
xxxx

my lo is 15weeks and still doesn't have much head/neck control. Tummy time helps but he has a big head to and a very skinny body so don't think that helps either. lol

i think all baby develop at different rates from one another and are forward in some things and not in others, My LO had his 8 week check last week and dr said his head control was really good for an 8 weeker and that many 12 weekers cant hold it that way, his head is on the top line 98th centile if im right

but he is my 3rd and i do believe the more you have the more forward each one is if you get what im saying!! my first was behind with lots of things, never crawled sat at 81/2 months walked at 15 months

i wouldnt worry too much as they all catch up in the end, and your baby may be doing things other babies cant do yet :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back