• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby's heartbeat for the first time. Yay!

Fordee

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

Well today has been a good day. I've had my appointment with the midwife and got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It put a lovely big smile on my face and has made me so happy and relaxed for the first time since finding out I was pregnant.
All my blood tests came back as fine, no worries at all, my iron levels are 'excellent' and my BP is normal. After all the stress of the bereavement and the fact that I haven't been sure of any definite movement yet, I was starting to get a bit worried, so this reassurance has really lifted my spirits. :dance:
I found out the pain I was feeling is likely to be sciatica and if it worsens I will be referred to an obstetric physiotherapist, but I think I can cope for now so have been given some hints on how to ease it.
I'm now looking forward to March 29th and my 20 week scan, I'm sure it will come round soon enough. :)

It's amazing isn't, I also first heard at my 16 week midwife appointment, brought a tear to my eye. xxx

Its the greatest sound I've ever heard!! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I've got my appointment tomorrow so I should be able to hear it then! I'm really excited!

:)

XX

aww its lovely isnt it i cried when i heard it - wish i would of recorded the sound on my phone now so i could listen to it all the time x

Its such a lovely moment isnt it? Really glad everything is ok for you!!
I had sciatica really bad at around 16 weeks onwards. I found that if you sit on a birthing/exercise ball, it helps - gives you more flexability and movement! Hope it feels better soon!

We had our 16 week appointment today and got to hear the heartbeat it's so amazing and fast!!! The midwife let my 12 yr old step daughter in to hear it too so we were all really excited about it!!!
Exciting times for us all xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back