babys eyes

Layla

Reaction score
just out of intrest (and to get my sister out of a horrible suitation)

what colour were your babys eyes at birth? and have they changed since then??

both my two were born with very dark blue eyes, but then my sons changed to light blue and my daughters changed to greeny blue

all caucasion babies are born blue eyes as far as im aware.....they can change later though

yeah thats what i thought to fayebalina, thanks for backing that up xx

has anyones baby got diffrent colour eyes to there mummy and daddy??

sorry for all the questions

braydon has got bluey green and me and his sperm donnor (father) have blue

hi
kylie has greeny blue eyes and me an her dad both have brown.
demi still has blue eyes. her dad has blue eyes!

so i dunno xxx

me and my sonsfather both have brown (dark brown) eyes and he has bright blue. here i will post a pic for you to see.

leslieelvis021.jpg

Babies can have different eye colour to their parents. If I remember my biologoy genteics (it was a long time ago so if I'm wrong I plead ignorance), we had to do these charts where one parent had one eye colour and the other had another and there were all sorts of combinations. Its all dominant and recessive genes etc, same with hair colour. Its just down to what genes baby gets. I have too heard all caucasian babies start with blue eyes, and that this usually changes later on.

thanks guys!!!

thats really helped, i kind of knew already but wanted it confermed,

my sister and her bloke have blue eyes but there baby has brown. my nan has questioned my sister and doesnt belive the baby is her blokes just coz they dont have brown eyes!

its so stupid! my sisters OH's mum and sister both have brown eyes so thats where the baby would have got it from

All caucasion babies have blue eyes at birth due to a lack of melanonin. They normally change to there permanent colour at around 3 months although if you look at them in good lighing before then you can often get hints of a different colour coming through as they change.

And in proof of the other fact, I have Green eyes even though my mother and brother have blue eyes and my dad has brown eyes. Little Noah still has Blue eyes like his dad, Im hoping they will change to green though like his mummy!

layla said:
its so stupid! my sisters OH's mum and sister both have brown eyes so thats where the baby would have got it from

Brown is a dominant gene and blue is recessive so as your sister's OH has brown eye genes in him the baby stood a very high chance of having brown eyes. Its daft how people get so tied up on this, my friends baby has really blonde hair where as they are both dark but both parents have a blond parent. The amount of comments my poor friend gets (and it doesn't help the postman has blond hair either :D )

I'm afraid Beanie's wrong - two blue eyed parents means that both parents got blue eye genes from both of their parents so they, in theory, would not have a dominant brown eye gene to pass on.

HOWEVER it's not as exact as all that; if both parents have, say, really light blue eyes, it might be odd. But if the parents have eyes that are mostly blue with flecks of hazel or brown, then perhaps it's not so odd. And babies' eyes do change colour as they get older...

In Beanie's other example, it's not at all uncommon for two dark parents to produce a blonde baby - they are both passing on their recessive blonde gene - it is odd for two blonde parents to have a dark baby as there's nowhere for the dark gene to come from! But, again, it's not as exact as all that!! There are a lot of genes and it's not really as simple as ticking boxes.

But the main thing is, sorry, to tell your nan to keep her nose out of it!! If your sister and her bloke are happy together and happy with the baby, that's all that really matters!!

darn it, I knew I should have paid more attention instead of staring at fit Dave throughout biology dreaming about what colour eyes our children would have. Mind you it was 10 years ago, and I did warn you I was pleading ignorance. Glad I was on the right lines about the hair though as I would have had to have a word with my friend about the postman. I also have light hair and both my parents and my sister are dark so I know that dark parents can have blonde kids (unless we had a blond milkman/postman :shock: ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back