• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby wont drink anything except milk?!

nutcase109

Reaction score
Hiya, I hope you girls can help!

DS is on solids now twice a day, and loving it! But I cannot get him to drink any liquids with his food :wall:

Ive tried giving it from a bottle, a sippy cup, a bottle to cup trainer thingy, a beaker... hes just not having it! Have also tried various juices diluted with his water but still not interested.

He is happy enough me adding water to his food, making it very runny etc, it means he still gets some water, but I worry its a bad habit o get into, and he wont ever drink water... :think:

A few days he finally got really constipated and it was awful, bless him. Now Im reluctant to give him any food at all, in case it happens again.

Has this happened to any of you guys, if so, any advice? :pray:

Thanks so much! Emily x

I havn't found a solution yet but we're having the same issue, she's on 2 meals a day and i offer her water from various different beakers and even from a bottle once but she wont take it. She's not constipated but she hasn't dropped any milk feeds at all yet.

I hope someone can help

I posted very similar about this age...

To be honest, Phoebe just wasn't interested in water then. She obviously didn't need much.

When she got to about 8 months-ish, she started to drink quite a bit. I guess this might have conicided with her dropping milk feeds (I can't remember :oops: ). She will now happily drink between 3-6oz a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

He's still quite little so I wouldn't worry too much about the bad habit thing. I was the same, really worried that my LO would get bad eating habits and that I would have to battle to break them. But the truth it, she has had about a million phases and the never last long :) I don't think she still does anything now that she did at 5 months (except cry and try to get out her high chair ;) ) She also drank most things from a bottle at 5months even though I tried with other cups. Maybe try warm water in his bottle in between meals. Sometimes that worked for us. :hug:

Rudy was like this until he got to 6 months and we swithced to normal tap water as opposed to cooled boiled. The taste is so different and it is really cold from our tap which he really likes. I think your supposed to wait until 6 months until you stop boiling but then you can just give from tap or you can filter tap water and use that.

Saying this your LO might not be the same but this was how we got Rudy to drink water. He also has a preference for a normal adult bottle or a sports bottle like you get on bottled water.

x

p.s if you do give LO bottled water make sure to check the sodium content as some of them have sky high levels./ IMO tap water is much better.

LO didn't start drinking water properly until about a month ago! I would just keep offering it and see how he gets on, as long as he is having plenty of milk still I wouldn't worry at his age.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back