how to help him drink from a cup?

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
my sons over 2 and he just drinks from anti spill beaker things. i tried him with a cup today and he can hold it ok but just puts it to his mnouth then dips his tongue in it lol :S
What age did you lo drink from a cup and how did you do it?
i tried cutting out his sippy cup thing all day but he just got really thirsty and kept asking for his beaker to have a drink out of.
help? lol

madison can drink out of a normal cup now i do tend to give her tall thinner plastic beakers , but just keep letting him try it and doesnt matter if he spills hell get the hang of it soon enough xx

Tommee tippee do a cup with a plastic lid that goes inside the cup. It's clear plastic with a small hole so when he tips it up only a small amount of juice comes out and he doesn't get drenched. I got mine from hv.

iv got ones like that hun dont think there tomee tippe but i dont like em, :( they go everywhere, but will go see the tommeee tippee ones in tesco n see what there like :) i jst think i leave out a cup AND his beaker hell always go to his beaker but i dont wanna take away his beaker or he wont drink lol catch 22 x

he will drink as soon as hes thirsty, why not take him and let him pick a normal character glass or mug, he will adjust almost immediately xx

How about trying him with an Egg Cup? He might like the novelty of sipping water that way and then when he's used to that move on to a bigger size.

Last edited:
piglet 10 what like a cup with say cars or bob the builder on etc?
and an egg cup, stupid question but like an actual egg cup?

yeah actual egg cup and yes just a bog standard glass/ mug , just put like an inch of drink in it and let him spill away hell soon get the hang of it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back