Baby weight??

When did you decide you were ready for another?? I honestly don't think I want anymore, not because of isaac, my birth was horrendous and has completey put me off, Id love to give isaac a sibling though xxx

I actually got really broody when he was 5 months lol! Tried for a cycle, didnt catch then got a bit scared and stopped haha!

But we wanted originally a 2.5/3yr gap so started trying spring last ye and caught 4 cycles later.
So This one will be due in May and Noah will be 3 in the July. So got the gap we wanted.

We want 3 babas! I known ive always wanted few.

It is harder this time, tri 1 with my 1st i slept when i wanted! Lol most of my preg i could laze about etc..

Ive suffered with pgp/spd both times too so in finding that alot harder this time as i cant rest as much having him to look after, house to clean and clothes and toys to wash and put away lol!

But i wouldnt change it for the world and I cant wait for him to be a big brother! Xx

I didnt have a bad labour either, so maybe id feel a bit different if i had. So i know what u mean hun.

Mine was only 8hrs from 1st contract to birth. He did get stuck near the end and was almost admitted to theatre but i managed to get him out. I didnt end up gettinf the water birth i wanted due to the meconium in my waters. Other than a 2nd degree tear everything was ok. So i count myself lucky with my labour and birth xx

Hi i had an absolutely horrendous first birth where i nearly died. I was never ever going to have another. However when my lo was 2 I fell pregnant (on the pill, monitoring cycles AND only having sex once! ). I was petrified the whole way through but closely monitored as classed as high risk. I had an amazing experience with my second. It was the birth i wanted and completely healed my ptsd from the first one, so much so I am hoping to have another 1 or 2 children! Just wanted to give you hope if you ever did decide to have more.

I also nearly died, to be honest I don't remember much of it, I don't even remember meeting isaac for the first time as Id just woken from surgery (welling up as I write) breaks my heart but I'm so thankful that we are both here and alive. Sorry to hear you had a bad time to Apple pie :( eeeeek baby slog, how lovely for you and your little family, have you thought of names? xxx

Last edited:
Yep, my friend had an epidural but she said it only numbed the contractions and she still felt the ring of Fire but it 'wasnt that bad', she tore too and had stitches. The other only had diamorphine and said with both kids she didn't feel pain from the contractions until the very end. I was in agony from about 2cm lol and I had an epidural which number me completely and diamorphine twice before that! I couldn't imagine being pregnant again any time soon either, if it happens it'll be when Isla's at nursery...or maybe school lol xx

Yes if I was to have another it would be when isaac is at school I think... Only because I don't think I could cope with a toddler and a baby.. That's if im lucky enough to be blessed with another :) xxx

I also nearly died, to be honest I don't remember much of it, I don't even remember meeting isaac for the first time as Id just woken from surgery (welling up as I write) breaks my heart but I'm so thankful that we are both here and alive. Sorry to hear you had a bad time to Apple pie :( eeeeek baby slog, how lovely for you and your little family, have you thought of names? xxx

God hun that sounds horrendous!
And for you applepie :( :( but so glad that uve had another baby with the labour an birth you wanted!

Yes hes going to be Charlie Joseph :)
So I'll have Noah James & Charlie Joseph :blue:

Hey colleen my pregnancy was awful, sick all day everyday. Then failed induction and emcs and I am currently ntnp. I think I have lost the plot lol. You will come round to ttc xx

Eeeeeek maybe, your braver than me lol. Good luck hunny xxx

The weight thing - my son was 7lb 10oz at birth (37 weeks), so I think roughly 50th centile, then by 6 months old he'd jumped over 2 centiles and looked really chubby! I stupidly took him to the HV who referred him to the GP, who referred him to the paediatrician... 18 months and 3 consultant visits later, he was finally discharged! Nothing wrong with him - he's stayed between top two centiles on chart and is just a big lad. No longer chubby, he runs around constantly. He's slimmed down more since walking. Crawling didn't seem to influence it much.

As for the other - I was very sick and my daughter nearly died (pre-eclampsia) back in 2012 (she was 3lb 11oz, in SCBU for 3 weeks, I didn't get to see her for 3 days after her birth by emergency C-section). But both me and my OH wanted her to have a sibling. I fell pregnant just after my daughter's first birthday. The pregnancy wasn't fun, I ended up with gestational diabetes and polyhydramnios and had a planned C-section. BUT I'm so glad I went for it, even though it's been tough with just 21 months between them! I think if I'd waited and thought about it any longer I wouldn't have gone through with it!

Aww that sounds awful hun, sorry to hear that! At least you have 2 beautiful babies to show for it all! oh my I think it's going to take me a long time before I can do it all again, we shall see, watch this space lol xxx

I had similar experience. Haemorrhaged, painful contractions from 2cm. Had forceps and emergency c section. Was still pushing when they were trying to put the spinal in which took several attempts.
Didn't have any pain relief up until theatre.

Its nearly 4 months on and I'm scared of having another birth like that. Her head shoulders weren't descending. But I'm so broody for another one. Definitely want another baby and I enjoyed being pregnant. Giving birth is definitely a memorable experience, even though people say ohhh you don't remember the pain afterwards , I remember those blooming contractions! And the hand up my floo as the midwife tried to turn the head whilst I pushed. Yowch! (crosses legs and shivers)

Also crosses legs and shivers haha! it's crazy how wrong it can all go! But we have our babies and that's all that matters! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back