Baby weight??

Colleen1988

Reaction score
My LO is 21 weeks and weighs 18lbs 5oz, he was 9lbs at birth and is within the normal range but as he was big at birth he's on a higher percentile than most babies his age..

Just wondering if anyone else has ever had a chunky monkey?
Did they lose alot of weight once they could move around?

He's already rolling over and shuffling across the floor on his belly for his toys but I'm just paranoid that because he's so heavy for his age he might walk later than normal, or am
I just being silly?

Thanks xx

You're just being silly. 9lb is not much more than average.

Last edited:
I have a 20 wo girl who was 17.5 at 14 weeks! She's a big baby and heavier than friends babies at the same age or even older. Looked at the cow and gate guide and it says average 6 month old is 16.5lbs
Hmmmm better to fat little legs and chubby cheeks than a skinny scrawny baby they're so cute!

Shes being weighed next week and I too was wondering when she will lose her pillow arms and legs. Shes a lot busier these days (8lb8oz at birth)

Don't stress! Embrace the podge!
X

My son is 16lb at 14 week, 9lb6 at birth. I'm not concerned as long as he follows his line.

DD 8lb 1oz at birth, still between 75th-91st percentile and started crawling at 7 months.

So no, it isn't anything to worry about.

Ahh thank you, I was just thinking it might be harder for them to move around if they are heavier lol! I love him being chubby, it's so cute xxx

My eldest was born on 50th and shot up to 99th for height and weight by 8 weeks and stayed there. She's now almost 3 yrs and still at 99 for height but now 75th for weight. So the chub goes. She crawled at 7 months and walked from 9 months. So definitely doesn't stop them.x

My son was tiny at birth then became a little chunk and once he reached about 12-13 kg just stalled a little bit and stuck in the same size 98 ish.. for a while.. At first because he gained a little then he shot up and filled it in length.. Same as I used to grow.. My sisters and not sure about me all had a size we were in for quite a while! But then again I'm the tiny one and his dad is a chunky tall man, so we'll see what's in store for him! I never bothered with weigh ins or keeping it on my centile chart.. I just weighed him at home on my scales ever so often that I bought from aldi.. They have a button so you can reset it while on it to pick baby up and get a reading for baby it's mint until he didn't keep still anymore haha!

My son was 10lb at birth and has been between the 75th and 91st % since and he walked at 9.5 months.

Noah was always a lil chubba before he was walking.

He was 9lb 9.5 born..
At 10wks he was 15lb 15
At 14wks he was 18lbs 1
At 17wks he was 19lb 3
At 19wks was 19lb 13
At 25wks was 20lb 14
At 31wks was 22lb 13

(I dnt know these off by heart btw lol! Im sat here looking at his read book x)

Hes now slowed down loads! But he is now 2.5yrs old and blinking runs everywhere! He was crawling at 8ms and that helped alot too? Cruised from 10months and 1st steps 2 days after his 1st birthday xx
I was obsessed with getting him weighed as a baby, loved it lol!
He always followed the 98th line for weight and height xx

Last edited:
Lol thanks for that hun... Yeah ive been quite obsessed to! I'm so excited for him to start crawling etc, glad his chubbyness isn't going to get in the way lol xxx

I miss Noahs chubby face and thighs!!!!

I reckon this one in my belly will be another chunk though! Can't wait lol xx

When did you decide you were ready for another?? I honestly don't think I want anymore, not because of isaac, my birth was horrendous and has completey put me off, Id love to give isaac a sibling though xxx

Isla's just a wee thing but I love chunky babies too. I always think if they get a bug or whatever they've got more reserves to keep them going until the fight it off. I was the same about a sibling, my birth and aftercare were horrendous and it made me seriously question having more. But now that I see how amazing she is and feel how much I love her the thought is becoming more bearable x

Yeah I know exactly what you mean hun, Id never say never but ive not quite forgotten how awful the birth was yet lol. Id love to have another though, wonder if any of my friends would be a surrogate for me haha xxx

My friend gave birth 11 days after me and says she can't wait to do it again. My sister in law was a month later and said her 2nd was so easy compared to her first and she plans to do it again soon. It just goes to show how all births are different...im choosing to see it that way anyway rather than that im just a total wimp haha x

Really... Did they have normal births? I cant imagine being pregnant and having isaac to look after lol xxx

Yep, my friend had an epidural but she said it only numbed the contractions and she still felt the ring of Fire but it 'wasnt that bad', she tore too and had stitches. The other only had diamorphine and said with both kids she didn't feel pain from the contractions until the very end. I was in agony from about 2cm lol and I had an epidural which number me completely and diamorphine twice before that! I couldn't imagine being pregnant again any time soon either, if it happens it'll be when Isla's at nursery...or maybe school lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back