baby slings

umbongo

Reaction score
I really want to use one but don't know where to start. There's a sling library but it's a fair few miles away and I'd have to wait til I got baby first of course, to try them out.
Anyone else used them or considering it? There seem to be a lot out there...

xx

With last baby I used the moby wrap. At the time I liked it a lot, I probably used it for 6 months but had a really small baby so even when I stopped using it he was the size of an average old. I did end up with really bad shoulder pain though, not sure if it was related to the sling. But when baby was very young and couldnt support his head he would be more on the left side and it was my left shoulder that was sore.

My friend had a baby bjorn carrier and she didn't get on with it but I have no experience with it.

A sling library sounds great though wish there was one near here. xx

yes, i guess it's the best idea to try some out rather than shell out on one I don't get on with. Will give me somewhere to go with baby too, as won't have much else going on! Just baby and me quite early on as hubby will only have a max of a week off. x

you can often visit sling meets before baby is born to get an idea of what you like. I'm yet to pluck up the courage though, just email them and ask. I've got a second hand one (can't even remember what it is now) so gonna have a practice with a teddy lol.
It was in with a bundle I brought.

Xx

It's definitely best to try them out as different slings seem to suit different people. We had a baby Bjorn carrier which after a while was not comfy at all (and apparently doesn't put baby in the best position). We then moved onto a wrap like a moby which was really comfy, I just found it really hot and I wouldn't have like to have used it when my LO was really small. We have now purchased an Ergo, which goes from birth until toddler, after going to our local sling library and trying different ones out x

Definitely recommend the sling library, I've gone for a woven wrap but would have had no idea how to put it on without the demo. Will be getting a ring sling when Evan can sit on my hip. Well worth it :) xx

thanks ladies, it's all quite exciting!! :)

Ergo's are very popular for people who want one that buckles rather than having to tie. Just a warning...there are a lot of fakes out there. If the price is too good to be true it probably is too good to be true.

I personally have a connecta which I love and regret not getting sooner first time round. It's suitable from birth too, slightly cheaper than an ergo. Both hubby and I find it comfortable. It's of the buckle type.

I couldn't get on with Moby's/ring slings and other types you have to tie yourself.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

they are awesome, deffo useful and comfy once you find what suits you. i have a stretchy, a ringsling and a toddler soft structured buckle carrier, im not bothering with a double pram, just gonna wear baby and have alyssa walk or in the buggy

I started with a mei tai and now have a connecta and a Lenny lamb woven :) if your on Facebook I'd suggest you joined the slings and things for sale and trade site and also their sister site, slings and things off topic dissccusion board. They are brilliant for help and for being able to find someone that lives locally that has knowledge that you could meet up with if your local meet/library is to far! Good luck xx

Contact your library before hand, they'll be able to provide good advice and suss out what you think will work best for you.

We have a moby I plan to use for squish, as well as a woven and a connecta. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Thanks ladies, I knew I could rely on you guys! Xx

With my youngest I used the babasling for the first 8 weeks then got a Moby and didnt look back, she was a summer baby, I found it really comfy, Im only 5 foot 2 and had suffred backache but found it incredibly supportive, would bung it on in the morning and during the day she would be in and out of it. Stopped using it at about 18months as found it wasnt supportive ater that and Freya preferred to walk. What suits one may not suit another I suppose but this one really worked for us. Was also great for breastfeeding.

I'd never heard of a sling library will have to find out if there is one nearby me il have a Google I always learn new things on pf!! X

With my youngest I used the babasling for the first 8 weeks then got a Moby and didnt look back, she was a summer baby, I found it really comfy, Im only 5 foot 2 and had suffred backache but found it incredibly supportive, would bung it on in the morning and during the day she would be in and out of it. Stopped using it at about 18months as found it wasnt supportive ater that and Freya preferred to walk. What suits one may not suit another I suppose but this one really worked for us. Was also great for breastfeeding.

Thanks Ellie, I'm a shortie too so sounds good.

Have already got info on the nearest sling meet to me from facebook so planning on going to next one. None in Coventry of course!! Ffs!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back