• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby Sleeping in Carrycot versus Moses Basket

sunnyday

Reaction score
I've seen that some prams (e.g.the bugaboo) that have the carrycot as a separate piece say you can use it as a moses basket... Was wondering does anyone do this and if so, do you literally put baby to sleep in the pram all night or do you have the carrycot on a stand like you would a moses basket?

We have a Bugaboo but I don't think the carrycot is intended to be used for sleeping in on a long term basis. The aero (-something ?! ) mattress is safe to use overnight but if I remember correctly the instruction book says not continuously. Carrycot safe to be used on an overnight trip , or a couple of nights though.

We had a moses basket and Jude absoloutely loved it! So I personally would recommend one but lots of other mums don't bother and their babies settle well straight away into cots. :D

u can use them as a moses basket..and usually on a stand..

I have to confess to making my baby sleep in her carry cot. I do have the excuse that we have been renovating our cottage while I was pregnant and when she was born it was uninhabitable, so we rented somewhere small and lived in that with all our worldly goods stacked around us in cardboard boxes. So she slept in it more out of necessity than us wanting her to. We moved into the cottage when she was 3 weeks old, and still had all our crap in boxes so she stayed in her carry cot until we had everything sorted out then finally 2 weeks ago we had enough floor space to get the cot up and she moved into that. We still have most of our stuff in boxes though :?

I've seen that some prams (e.g.the bugaboo) that have the carrycot as a separate piece say you can use it as a moses basket... Was wondering does anyone do this and if so, do you literally put baby to sleep in the pram all night or do you have the carrycot on a stand like you would a moses basket?

We have a Bugaboo but I don't think the carrycot is intended to be used for sleeping in on a long term basis. The aero (-something ?! ) mattress is safe to use overnight but if I remember correctly the instruction book says not continuously. Carrycot safe to be used on an overnight trip , or a couple of nights though.

We had a moses basket and Jude absoloutely loved it! So I personally would recommend one but lots of other mums don't bother and their babies settle well straight away into cots. :D

u can use them as a moses basket..and usually on a stand..

I have to confess to making my baby sleep in her carry cot. I do have the excuse that we have been renovating our cottage while I was pregnant and when she was born it was uninhabitable, so we rented somewhere small and lived in that with all our worldly goods stacked around us in cardboard boxes. So she slept in it more out of necessity than us wanting her to. We moved into the cottage when she was 3 weeks old, and still had all our crap in boxes so she stayed in her carry cot until we had everything sorted out then finally 2 weeks ago we had enough floor space to get the cot up and she moved into that. We still have most of our stuff in boxes though :?

we are going to have the carrycot on a stand downstairs and a moses basket upstairs.

We have bought a good matress for it though

I'm planning on using a carrycot for daytime naps, and putting baby in a cot in our room at night. Won't bother with a moses basket this time as I only got 3 months use out of the last one I had.

I would be worried about the carrycot getting cold and damp whilst out and about so wouldn't want to rely on it as the main sleeping place.

we have used the carrycot part of the pram for sleeping when we have been away from home and it sits on the floor - in the day it stays on the pam base fir daytime naps. Mine is a Bebecar - which I would recommend, but it would be too much hassle to take it up and down the stairs each night. Charlotte was in the moses basket until 15 weeks at home.

I had a Chicco C01 Trio and used the pram bit as a moses basket type thing on a stand. I had to buy a proper mattress for it (£15ish) but it worked perfectly - will be doing the same for this baby too.

We have the Inglesina system and used the pram bit as the Moses basket (with good mattress) until Erin was nearly 5 months old. When she was tiny, tiny, we did keep moving it from the stand in our room to the pram base, especially if she was already sleeping, as we could just go out for a walk without disturbing her too much, but eventually it stayed upstairs and we used the car seat part on the pram base as her main method of transportation until she was over a year old when she moved to a new car seat and the pushchair part.

we have the bebe confort hi trek buggy, with the windoo pram, and our daughter slept in it as a moses basket for the first few months.
that was its main desgn promo - it was the moses basket, car seat, AND pram all at the same time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back