How long did the carrycot get used?

muppetmummy

Reaction score
At the moment I'm thinking about getting a pram with a carrycot At the moment my faves are the Quinny Speedi and the Urban Detour Quantum cos I can see myself using these pushchairs until little one is around 3 (will buy a maclaren as well when LO is older for trips round the shops).

As the carrycots for these pushchairs are £100+ I've been thinking about how long they will be used for, and whether they are worth the money?

If you had a carrycot for your LO how long did you use it for? Would you buy one again or not bother? James' was getting big for his moses basket at 3 months, I don't really want that happening with a £100 carrycot!

Also, if anyone has used any of these pushchairs before, how suitable are they for a newborn? Are they flat enough?

We used our carrycot all the time . Jude liked it for quite a while, until he was about 4 months but after that he'd be crying to sit up and look around. Think if you plan on being out wih the baby in the pram quite a bit during the first few months then it's worth it as they are lying flat which is recommended, but worh bearing in mind there are a lot of prams without carrycots that lay flat too now so you might get better value with one of those xx

i brought a pram with a carry cot cos im not buying a moses basket so i 'think' it will get alot of use , obviously dont know yet tho !

My nephew outgrew his carrycot in 3 months. And his mum doesn't like the pushchair bit as much so I think she would have rather bought a different one.
It depends on your finances really. If I found the perfect pushchair for me (which doesn't exist so I won't go in to that!) and I had the option of a carrycot to attach that cost £100 I would definately go for it. But I've saved up lots of money because I've been too tired to go shopping or care about new things for the past 18 weeks! All I've bought is baby stuff and Christmas presents :D

I had jacob in his carry cot till he was about 8 months. Around 3 to 4 months he wants to sit up a bit so i just put a cushion behind him. I found it brilliant for getting him asleep in. I never had a moses basquet down stairs so would put him in it down stairs and he'd sleep... I'd say worth getting.

hx

Thanks for the replies :D

I'm starting to think I might give the carrycot a miss, not sure I'd use it enough to justify spending £100. The dreami carrycot does look very small so not sure baby would fit in it for long.
Will only be going backwards and forwards on the 10 minute school run initially so baby would probably be ok in a lie flat pushchair for that.

OH is really not keen on the carrycot idea and says he'd rather spend the extra money on a decent pushchair.
Been looking at the Jane Slalom today and it looked really nice, lies very flat too so should be ok on it's own.

We have a Quinny Buzz and because we got it from ebay, the carrycot bit came with it. I used it for maybe 2 months and recently I've just been using the carseat on it because it's so much smaller and easier.

i didnt use a carry cot but bought a moses basket (which are practically same thing) she is 8 weeks now and too big for moses basket and is going in her cot from tonight becus she started sleeping thru the night 2 weeks ago but becus she keeps catchin her arms on the side of the mose basket its waking her up. i bought my moses baskey for £50 including the stand so i think it cud save you £50 if you get one of them insted. hth hun

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back